Thursday, October 28, 2004

Corporate Hypocrisy

Never, ever leave school. Here's my suggestion: Major in Everything. Or if your parents aren't down with that, just keep switching your majors and you, in theory, could get to the point where if you can't take anymore classes without getting a degree in something. Let me tell you what sucks - Impersonal management. I'm talking about bosses who, will make a point to yell at you for taking an hour break (when it supposed to be 15 minutes), when they know damn well that you were back on time and just forgot to clock back in. Bosses who, if they have information that is "less than pleasant" for you, will wait until after you leave the office and then send an email as opposed to having to talk to you in person.

* ENTER HYPOCRISY*

And then they can't understand why none of their employees want to attend an afterwards "Recognition Dinner" or participate in a "Fun Pumpkin Contest." Want to know why no one gives a care about your fun little things? Because they're hollow and insincere. Because you make such an effort to be impersonal, you're as transparent as plastic wrap and none of us are buying your crap.


Whew... ok, feel better now. Sorry, I had to sit through a long Venting-Session/Meeting today. Hmm.... gotta lighten this up... Oh! Here's a joke from Phil:
Why did Tigger have his head in the toliet?
He was lookin' for Pooh!

And I'm out like the deaf kid in musical chairs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And futhermore....why have a meeting in the middle of a mass mailing, if you have NO pertinent information to share? Don't waste my time making me listen to people who think that complaining to the boss will actually help make their job better. See, I've been through several of those here within the last few years and it's always the same ol' same. So you wondered why I had nothing to add at the meeting today? I don't see the point. Sure, Rob's been successful at changing a report to make more sense than it has in the last 2 and 1/2 years I've been looking at it, and I'm grateful for that...but again...that was ROB that helped, not management. My favorite part of today's "moan and groan" session was when said supervisor says, "I miss the comraderie (OK, so she might not have used such a big word, I'm elaborating here) that we used to have. No one seems to be able to talk to one another anymore." Ummmm....yeah, and the fact that any time a person tries to ask a question or just bring up comments in general, YOU look at us like we're sprouting snakes from our eyes? Face it Robby, The Supes here are some of the rudest people I've ever worked with...and jeez, have I had a LOT of jobs.

The point: next time there's a "meeting" and there's nothing VALID being said, just stare blankly. Remember that no matter what you try to change, it won't. Sorry to be such a griper. Trailer funk is affecting my "happy nerves."

Speaking of hypocrisy: I WILL be participating in Pumpkin Carving contest. Because I like a challenge, and...I like to win. Plus, I could use a coupon for a free Sub sandwich from our cafeteria.

Trailer funk level: Moderate (cherry-scented air freshener doing little to help)

~Trailer Trouser Snake

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a day you had. I know that you don't like confrontations in any form but sometimes it is better to let it out towards the source than to bring it home with you, where as sympathetic as I can be, I still am not in the room and can't get the atmosphere as you all did. Say what is on your mind, your witty, intelligent, and sarcastic. Let them have it. You will feel better for it and if not, hey it is only a temporary gig and another American Water like job is around the corner…. Speak your mind boy! M

Anonymous said...

I decided after all my whining and moaning, NOT to participate with my own pumpkin in the contest. Just couldn't do it last night. Bummer....I had a good one planned, too.

~K