Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The first four letters of Analysis are...

yes, these are the things I notice in my Research Design class. For those of you who don't know what my research design class is, its a class where my entire grade stems from the creation of a single research project. You know things like: Monopolistic Competition, Increasing Returns and the Effects of Government Spending (DO NOT actually try and read that stuff, just for illustration purposes). Its kind of like writing a really hard paper that only like 10 people in the world will care about, but is somehow more important than all of those essays you regurgitated on Christopher Columbus in the past. That makes it doubly wierd thinking that your paper "could" wind up in some "Scholarly Journal" and others will start citing you when they write their own papers... eh, probably won't happen anyway. Its more likely that I'll just drop out of grad school once my new Nintendo comes out.

Some other things I noticed in class: When my teacher says phenomenon, all I hear is Manamana.



Also I need to say that after memorizing 1,928 words... the 8th Amendment is a blessing:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
I love the 8th amendment.

4 comments:

kimberlyb1974 said...

You silly kids and your schooling.

You should just be dumb...like me.

Rob said...

Speaking of being dumb:
I've got the Bill of Rights plus Section 1 of the 14th Amendment memorized with 45 minutes of study time left! That's 45 minutes of review--writing and rewriting the damn thing. Over and over and over and over and...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I SO LOVE the Muppets and the Phenomenon song! It's great! And who doesn't like the two old guys. :)

Also the aliens from Sesame Street that just say "yyyyyyyyep yep yep yep yep yep yep".

Have fun with your new Nintendo.

Breyn

Anonymous said...

All that research sounds boring...you should just forget all this poli sci mumbo jumbo...you could do much better...like applying here for a fantastic job: http://www.pixar.com/companyinfo/jobs/index.html

Breyn :)