Monday, September 18, 2006

A Glimpse into the Future

So I took my girlfriend out to lunch yesterday, at Casa de la Arby's (but you gotta say it with a thick accent.) And I realized that there I was, with my signifigant other, out to dinner in an Arby's, wearing my Buy outfit (a job that doesn't pay me enough), drowning in debt, with a career totally unrelated to my major, with an empty fridge at home, trying to make ends meet. And I realized... that's all ok. I've got the greatest girlfriend in the world. Did you know she left me a origami crane on my desk when she left my apartment that I just found - it had a message on the inside for me. She's the greatest.

We just recently celebrated our 2nd anniversary... know what I got her? Three 99 cent camera bags (for her to accessorize with), a $3 DVD (Requiem for a Dream), Season One of the orignial Ninja Turtles cartoon, and some nice shampoo (Biolauge or something) that she always talks about wanting but would never buy. She got me a Paddle Ball toy, a ninja toy set, and some puzzles with special messages on the back once you finished. We didn't even plan that out, but it was funny to us because we had thought so much alike.

Oh yeah, and I should re-announce. The Nintendo Wii will be out November 19th. From that point on, consider me unreachable. I will be busy. Oh yeah, and I have a paper due tomorrow... and a bunch of reading tonight, that I probably won't get finished, but oh well. Off to work for now.


*******************************
Edit: For anyone who hasn't heard of Echolocation (blind people using sonar to get around) you should check this out... I can't believe what they gave him.

4 comments:

Scott said...

A scary future made swell by your groovy lady. I don't know what happened to that last sentence. It was going to say "made enviable" but that's more Tim's racket. Swell just kind of slipped out, followed by groovy. Dear Lord, this grad school takes its toll.

Anyway I agree with your assessment. I'd be surprised if anyone could get ahold of me from the 19th until well after the holiday season. (Is Best Buy doing pre-orders yet? If so get me in on it, I'll reimburse you and send a little kickback your way. Seriously.)

- Scott

Scott said...

That little son-of-a-bitch. Yeah, I was impressed with his running around clicking his tounge the first time I heard about it. And every once in awhile I realize he does run into walls, etc. Fine, he's very capable.

BUT HE GETS A Wii? I thought he was "just like everybody else." Why does HE get a Wii? I could have a peg leg. Does a peg leg get me a Wii? I've often thought if I had some superficial disability it would give my life exponentially more meaning. Plus, all the hilarious "You just ran over my leg you asshole, it's crushed!" jokes would be fantastic.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

Wow nice gift. Ok so this might sound stupid or mean or both but how in the world would he really get to use the wii?? I just don't see how it would be possible to play a video game without being able to see.

Breyn

Nessa Happens said...

Holy god you got someone Requiem for a Dream as a romantic gift? That's the most incredibly fucked up thing I've ever heard. I still can't look at Jennifer Connelly without thinking "double headed dildo."

I watch Labyrinth now, and just scream.