Thursday, March 30, 2006

Big City: -1

So I finally called to set up my first "Rob's on his own" Dental appointment. See, you can do things like this when you have full medical/dental. My coverage starts April 1st so I wanted to see about when the first available appointment was. The nice lady on the phone (who by the way shares my birthdate), asked if I had a particular day in mind, and I was like: "Sure! Next Tuesday works great for me." She pretty much laughed at me. She said she could squeeze me in at 8:00 am on MAY 2nd. This may be common for dentists all over, but right now I'm blaming Springfield. I guess I should set up that Doctors appointment next... *sigh*

Rob's way to keep people on thier toes #1: Barter. And do it at obviously unbarterable locations. Next time you're in the grocery store, and they say: "Your total is $78.39" Look 'em square in the eye and say, "How about $75."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow May that stinks. Adam just called a new dentist on Monday to get an appointment. He got one for Friday afternoon.

For our Doctor all we have to do is call the morning of and we get an appointment that day.

:)

Breyn

Anonymous said...

I'm terrible at bartering...that's why I stay away from sales people that want to get what they can out of you...car salesmen, carpet/flooring salesmen, weird guys on the street with watches hanging inside their trench coats. I guess that's what I have Adam for...he's better at that.

Breyn

Anonymous said...

I don't barter well at all. I figure people are asking what they think something is worth...I'm so naive!

Tabitha