Monday, March 06, 2006

A big weekend

On Wednesday I was a 24 year old college student.
On Thursday I was a 25 year old lobbyist.
On Friday I became an Illinois Senator...

I debated bills in the Capital building.
I wore a suit... and looked damn good.
I sat in the big chair and pressed the buttons.
I was even on the big screens and spoke into a microphone.

25 is a milestone age...
  • 10 is the first time you hit double digits
  • 16 you can drive
  • 18 you can die for your country
  • 21 you can legally kill your liver
  • 25 is a quarter century and you get cheaper insurance

I guess the next big one I have to look forward to now is 36... where you can date someone half your age without getting arrested (that one's for you Tim).

I'm studying for a final tonight, whether or not I'm sleeping tonight is debatable. My girlfriend is the best ever, that is not debatable.

4 comments:

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Thanks, bro. I knew I was looking forward to 36 for some reason. Now if only your link to Emma Watson worked...

Anonymous said...

That link was suppose to be Emma Watson? OK, thanks for letting us know that Tim!

I am so excited. You can study tonight Rob, I'll be watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

Tabitha

Rob said...

Weird, the link totally works for me in Firefox, but when I tried it in Internet Explorer it didn't work... must be cookies... or the... cache... or temp files... I don't know. I'll link to a different picture.

PS. Bonus points for the first person to find ME in the picture on the actual blog page.

C_thegreat said...

Looks more like Nick Daggers is speaking into a microphone...

~c