Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Need an idea of what to get a geek?

So I was shopping around for my sister's birthday present and I wound up looking at stuff for me. And this whole time I'm STILL supposed to be doing a 5 page paper that's due in a few hours. I think I actually have and idea for Jamie but lets face it, this isn't about her. So do you know a geek in the family? Here's some things I think are cool.

Pets are a high maintance item, I've seen a few. Dogs and Cats (stupid cats), fish and Pirhanas. I mean, any animal you can feed raw meat too or if they eat thier own, that's pretty sweet. Here's something that is a "conversation starter". A Carnivorious Plant Set.

Kimmy, you'll appreciate this one. Actually if I was still working at AWR, I'd buy this for you. Terribly Blunt Desktop Signs. Umm let me add this one to the list as well... Totally awesome stamps for work.


No Geek shoping list would be complete without a black T-Shirt. Every dirty, grungy, gaming technophile needs a large black t-shirt collection.

Geek Gagets are always better. Why have an alarm clock for college where you can only set one day at a time. This clock knows what day of the week it is, and you have a preset alarm for EACH DAY. I know I'm excited.

Lastly, you're gonna want to wrap that up in some totally awesome wrapping paper. You're gonna be able to tell which presents are from me for now on.


So there you have it, this list is far from complete, but I just wanted to hilight a few areas. I hope you all learned something today and remember I accept presents on every holiday, even foreign ones. Tomorrow is Phone Day (in celebration of the first telephone being installed in a house.) Not implying anything, just informing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the desk signs...wonder if that would work around here?!

Rob, on a scale of 1-5 for this week taking up time, I give you a 5. Thanks!

Tabitha

kimberlyb1974 said...

I'm so there for those desk signs. Escept with these obnoxiously small desks, I'd have no place to put it, so I guess I'll wear it as a hat or something.

I'd reaalllly like one of those carnivorous plant things. And then attach all our company "trinkets" to ladybugs and watch those venus fly traps chew 'em up. Sweet.

kimberlyb1974 said...

That should be "except" not "escept." Doh...

Mr. Jones-Smith-Miller-Sanchez said...

I can definately see myself with the equation wrapping paper. I wish it didn't cost an arm and a leg. And yes in this case the arm costs $8.00 and a leg is $.99

Anonymous said...

Now I know what to get you for Christmas Rob!

Freemama