Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Presents

So I finally got Jamie her birthday present today. We decided to meet halfway since we're both really busy, yet she really wanted her new DVD Player (she didn't know exactly what it was, but new that the BEST BROTHER IN THE WORLD wouldn't let her down). Anyways, I needed to wrap it today, and I was SO proud of my wrapping job that I took pictures. And Jamie took the wrapping paper home to show Scott.





Also I played the greatest internet/popup/banner ad game today. You played as President Bush and had to beat up Mike Tyson but pressing this red button. I played it a lot. Turns out it was harder than I expected, because I lost a lot. Actually, I lost every single game. Every time I had to sit through the utter embarrassment of watching Mike Tyson knock out President Bush... I never did find out what they were selling.

5 comments:

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Ro, you big hippie.

This isn't an old-school, Mike vs. Rob, try to make the package as hard as possible to open, is it? It's just shoddy handiwork.

Anonymous said...

Good job on that wrapping Mr. Rob much better than me. Jamie is not by herself I just bought a new dvd player a month ago. Iv'e been playing catch up renting some movies since most of them or on dvd.

Freemama vs My DVD Player

Scott said...

I've always been a huge proponent of using tin foil for wrapping paper. It looks nice, and I don't have to spend very much time worrying about it. Not the style, not the wrapping, and not how much. It's perfect, and it keeps the government mind waves out of my presents.

No no, let me rephrase. It's perfect BECAUSE it keeps the government mind control waves out of my presents. Some of which are sentient in their own right.

- Scott

P.S. Didn't I just post about those banner ads? But that is a pretty good one. The key is to keep Tyson in his corner. I usually have him almost off the screen. When you get good you can finish with an entire green bar, with maybe one punch from Tyson in it. All about rythm. Don't just mash the button, get a stride, a flow to your hits.

But I think it's funny that Bush is in half of them these days. My favorite being the one where you race Saddam who is knitting an Iraqi flag and you're Bush (in a rocking chair) knitting an American one. It's fantastic. (And VERY hard.)

Mr. Jones-Smith-Miller-Sanchez said...

The wrappign job didn't even look like a present. It looked likea paper bale from work. Fun nontheless. Well done Papa Rob.

Rob said...

pssst.... Gresham...

I lost on purpose everytime.