Monday, June 12, 2006

Euphemisms: Putting things politely.

So I've been sick. Yesterday I had a 101 temperature and various other unpleasant symptoms. It all started (Sat Night) with nausea at the movie theatre, incorrectly attributed to a bad batch of popcorn. And yesterday I slept more than a person ever really should. It was both the best and worst time to get sick, I had requested off work yesterday so that I could spend time with Ro. I hadn't seen her in 3 weeks so the last thing I wanted was to waste that time sleeping while she caught up on some episodes of Lost. But then again, I had the best nurse to take care of me that I could ever wish for.

I called off today, only being the second time I've ever done so, and work said it wasn't that big of a deal. The message I left my supervisor went as follows. "So the fever's gone and I'm feeling better however... I don't feel that control of certain bodily functions have achieved acceptable levels of stability. " I'll feel a little guilty if I'm totally better in like 4 hours, but right now I don't think work is doable.

Anyways, the Movie we saw Saturday night was Cars (trailer). It was great... I mean, it got Ro to snort on several occasions. Her favorite part was either flies (itty bitty mini vans with wings) or Guido, the little Italian car. Or about a hundred other parts. If you liked Shrek and other Pixar stuff, you'll love it. I give it two thumbs up. But for now I need to tend to my left over sickness... later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob~ I've been too busy to check the blog this summer...sorry. just wanted to say I met Michael Rosenbaum this weekend in Metropolis! I've got some good pics!

Tabitha

Scott said...

Oh Tab, you GOTS to post those. I rank Michael Rosenbaum pretty highly on my list of male, actor, celebrities that I'd like to hang out with. On the top of the list is Elijah Wood, but MR is perhaps in second place. No, Walken is. Shit. Ok, he's third. Damn it. Billy Connoly is in third.

But he's in the top five for sure. In fact, I might post on this.

- Scott

P.S. Get well, so I can kick your ass at Wii Super Smash Brothers. (In November, for now just get well so I can make fun of how badly you're going to lose.)

Anonymous said...

Scott...I truthfully have NO idea how to post anything! I know how to type and use the internet, that is the extend of my computer skills!

Michael looks weird...he has hair on top of his head and on his face, but he REALLY is a nice guy!

Tabitha