Thursday, July 13, 2006

I am an Investment God

If you need stock advice, just ask me. I mean apparently I'm pretty awesome. But what on Earth could have spurred this bout of self-flattery? Easy, I won a raffle.

This isn't just any "winning of a raffle." This isn't like I just randomly picked the right lotto numbers (although the payoff would have been nice). This wasn't like I was the 1000th caller/customer or anything. This was planned and flawlessly executed. So at the Buy we had a little customer raffle/fund raiser. There was a little treasure chest full of M&M's and the game was simple: Guess how many. The real skill came not in a single guess, but a series of guesses. You see, Best Buy employees are lazy when it comes to team building and staff unity, so I assumed that not very many people would participate in said game. I assumed right. When they ended the contest today, there were $9 inside. Nine $1 guesses. Guess who was 5 of them--that's right, this kid. They weren't random guesses either. I guessed 350, 450, 500, 550, and 650. The correct number? 536: ROB WINS!!! I had bet $5 that I would win. So what did that get me besides a treasure chest full of M&M's? Oh, did I forget to mention the $25 Gift Card?

A $25 return on a $5 investment is a pretty sweet deal. That's $25 towards my new Nintendo. November can't seem to get here soon enough.

****************
A song I discovered via Scott. A nice acoustic diddy about a Zombie trying to reason with the people inside to let him in. (there's a small "Play the Song" button above the lyrics)

3 comments:

Scott said...

You BASTARD! I was going to post on this. Eventually. Still. How dare you!

I save my song meanings for my own post. I hope the M&M's melt in your hand and you never fully enjoy them!

- Scott

Rob said...

Scott,
I gave you PLENTY of time... besides the fact I didn't even know how long you had already known about the song. That, my friend, is what we call missing the boat.

Mom,
Good advice. My advice to you: Turn off the TV and go outside.

Anonymous said...

ROB! be nice to your mother!