Friday, July 28, 2006

I think I have a gambling problem.

Well, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that if you borrow money to gamble, or you view gambling as a source of income then you have a problem. Well, here's the deal. A friend who worked at Best Buy moved to New York several months ago and came back to town for a few days so I really felt compelled to hang out with them. I brought my soccerbank, which had about $2.46 (about half of what the buy-in was for the nights poker game.) Upon arriving I had numerous offers to spot me the cash and I eventually caved. I mean, I'm fairly good/lucky at poker and I figured it was worth a shot. I made it to the final 3, and all I had to do was get second place to win $10 ($25 for first).

How was I supposed to know she had full house? It was the really crappy kind of losing too... the kind where she didn't even know that 3 of a kind + a pair = "full house." Eh, what are you going to do. So now I still have $2.46 in my bank and an "I Owe Kyle $5" mark in my wallet. bah, fun was still had by all...

I could quit anytime.

******************************

The Answer to the Zombie Trivia:
Only my girlfriend knew the correct answer. I'm not sure what kind of heathen, paganistic world that Scott lives in, but there's no such thing as voodoo. As far as the rest of you...
Do you think this is a game? What, you don't think you win a prize for playing along? I'll tell you what your prize is, the prize is your life! The prize is know what to do when the zombies come. And knowing is half the battle.

Pop quiz hotshot: You've been bitten on the arm by a zombie, what do you do???

3 comments:

kimberlyb1974 said...

Spank the zombie on the nose with a newspaper, and repeat the phrase, "bad zombie! BAD!" three times while spinning around. Once you become dizzy, but are still able enough to stand, sing a rousing rendition of 'Yankee Doodle Dandy,' find a jellyfish, pee on it so it doesn't sting you, apply freshly peed on jellyfish to arm, wait 30 minutes, and voila! Easy...

Anonymous said...

If you are bitten by a zombie you know inevitably that you will turn into one (like werewolves) so I say screw this shoot yourself and end your suffering before it starts! If you can't beat em JOIN em!

Breyn

Anonymous said...

To answer that question I would just bite someone else.

Freemama