Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Best Buy Shuffle

So management gets on us sometimes about being in "our zone" and not "socializing with other employees" and not "hitting on the customers" and other ridculous things like that. A few of us, ok the guy from the camera section and I, like to do a little dance to celebrate our rebellion every now and then. We have the "Out of our zone" Dance that we do quite often for example.

Today I had a very short day at work... only 4.5 hours. I went in at 9:15 and left at 12:45. To those of you who are good at math, may realize that didn't quite add up. I was having a bad math day. At almost 1 o'clock I had a manager try to tell me to do something when i told him that I was supposed to be off the clock and I didn't have to listen to him any more. I very hurriedly clocked out and did my "You can't make me do anything 'cause I'm off the clock" dance in front of him and taunted him all the while. He told me he was going to physically harm me outside. I said, "We'll see about that, NEXT time I'm on the clock."

So yeah, after making a big scene about working 15 minutes over and my production upon leaving, imagine my suprise with what came next. Ro was very excited/suprised to see me home so EARLY... excuse me, what? That's right, she said early. She said my schedule said I was supposed to be at work another 35 minutes. Ooops.

I think I need a "HA! I just left Best Buy an hour early" Dance. That manager really is going to beat me...

********************************

Zombies posess no hand-eye or complex motor control. Ladders are beyond them, stairs can be a challenge. Balance Beams are straight out. So when you're running from the zombie, you may think to yourself - "Self, climbing that tree seems like a good idea. That zombie will never climb up here and get me." This is true, but that zombie is going to be much more patient than you when it turns to the waiting game.

********************************
*** NEW UPDATED AND INSYNC VIDEO CLIP!!! ***



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the animaniacs. :(


Breyn

Rob said...

Mom, I found your comment more entertaining that my whole post. Also, with regards to the job: "Bah!"

Breyn: I know... I do too.

Everyone: I fixed the Animaniacs Clip.

Scott said...

The video works, but now it's giving me the finger.


- Scott

Mr. Jones-Smith-Miller-Sanchez said...

I feel like i just had my whole semester of Geography within 1min 50secs. The funny thing is i knew (at different times during the semester) All of those countries, a little history, and where i could find them.

kimberlyb1974 said...

OK...the Buy story is classic. You think I could pull that same stunt here at AWR? Man, I can only imagine the look on Donna's face if I gave her a celebration dance. Maybe I'll give it a shot next week...and dance on the rubber chicken's face until I wound it enough that not even a diaper will fix it this time.