Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pearls of Wisdom

No, that's not a new necklace for my character on World of Warcraft... although I could use a good +8 Wisdom modifier these days. One day when they make the "Sayings of Rob French" book, these will be some of the first few gems:

  • Anyone who believes themselves to know everything, is an idiot.
I've always attributed this to both supervisors, fellow employees, customers and customers' computer friends whom they make me speak to over thier damnable cell phones. I've later discovered that Socrates stole this idea from me. He often said that his wisdom was limited to an awareness of his own ignorance. I say that he's an idea thief.

  • There is no future, only tomorrow.
When people say that they're worried about the future, or what they're going to do, or that they can't wait to get ________ finished with, they should be shaken. At every point in your life you're constantly trying to get to the next. It'll all be better in Junior High, I can't wait to graduate High School, Once I finish college I can start my life, I really just need this promotion/new job, Get Married, Have Kids, Need a Raise, New Car, House, Family Vacation, Retirement... Give it up and just live your life.



I had a third, and I think I jotted it down in my notebook in class last night. Although I appear to have left my bookbag in my car so looks like its just those two for now.
________________________________________________

For Ro's birthday I restored a picture of her mom for her and got her a new frame for it. I know that my mom wanted to see it, so here it is:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG ROB...that is the sweetest bestest thing anyone could do...


Anna

Anonymous said...

Rob that is really sweet and I like the quotes...very true.

Breyn :)


p.s. How did you restore the pic?

Anonymous said...

aww, this is awesome man. i really like it.