Thursday, August 31, 2006

#4 is done.

That's right, I just memorized The Fourth Amendment of the Bill of Rights. What have YOU done today? Here... Totally from memory... No cheating:
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrents shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
So there! Take that. Also I had to look up the word redress because its in the First Amendment and I didn't exactly understand what it was saying: "and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." It means compensation.

So I've got to head to work now, but I have my Bill of Rights in my pocket and I'll try and knock out #5 on the clock today... but its a long one. Did I ever mention that our forefathers are illiterate? No, seriously... Look up the Bill of Rights. The first two paragraphs don't have a single period in them. I have to write a paper comparing and contrasting the Illinois Bill of Rights vs. the US Bill of Rights and you better believe that I'm mentioning the horrible punctuation in the US one. I don't care if my teacher likes it or not, sometimes these things just need to be said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They weren't illiterate...periods weren't invented until the mid 1800s.

You think you're so hot...well I'll tell you what I've done today...I changed diapers, fed, rocked, and played with babies, picked up the house, read stories and made everlasting family memories that my daughter will cherish for the rest of her life. So there.

Breyn :)