Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Hatred.

Here's the copy and paste of a message I sent Ro.
ARUGHHH!!!!
Hate This Form!
Loathe
Despise
Abhor
Detest
Dislike Intensely
Seriously. Condensing my life down into a nice 5 page bite-sized chunk sucks. Take my graphic design, photoshop or web design classes... Where do they go? Art? That's technically the school they were located in as far as ISU was concerned. But I highly doubt that the state is really searching for an ARTIST. So I'm left with Programing, and Computer Science. Which isn't lying in some cases: HTML and Flash Actionscripting is a form of programing. Anyways, most of the 137 college credit hours I have fit into multiple catagories or none once so ever. And on top of that I have to make myself sound marketable. Then don't even get me started on the "Previous Employment" section. I was on the phone with Keystone for a while, then faxed them the form, and together we still weren't exactly happy with the results. They want so much specific information that is was impossible for a person who worked as a temp for 3 years to actually accomidate. So I'm forced to generalize - which doesn't get me any bonus points, for sure.

Bah... This CMS application sucks. But lets just cross our fingers and know that it will all be worth it, right? We'll see.

Thought for the day: I think God gave deer's eye shine for the sole purpose of highway saftey. And on that note, if I lived in a rural area, but on a major highway, I'd have those fake deer on my yard but close to the road. And I would paint that clear fingernail polish on their eyes so they shined real bright. And then I would move them around every couple of days. I like to keep people on their toes.

6 comments:

The Melan'jack said...

Paint the eyes red once in a while too.

Anonymous said...

When you were working here I enjoy keeping you on your toes playing the B. Manilow Cd. Oh yea! before I forget Hey Ro! I'm sure you were getting pretty excited when Lois on Smallville almost drowned. As you saw that didn't happen(Clark Kent always to the rescue).

Freemama

Anonymous said...

Freemama~
If you could only see my face when Clark saved Lois... I was so angry. I was cheering for her death and then he went and SAVED her. But what was even worse than her not dying was her weaseling her way into staying in Clark's house. I almost shot my television. I'm so ANGRY. I hate her. Now she's gonna be on every episode... why don't they just get rid of her?

Rob~
Good luck filling out the dreaded form. It'll all be worth it when then find you a a nice job and you can get a cozy one room shack.

Scott said...

That blows, but boiling your life down to numbers is what the government is all about. Although I should mention that HTML is technically not considered a programming language, I got bitched out about it by some nerds...who I have all my classes with. Man, come to think of it, my school seriously blows.

And what did Keystone fax you anyway? Some watery beer? Seriously, I mean it's cheap...but that's because it's 3/4th piss. And the other 4th is water. But hey, good for you. Make sure to list your impressive ball handling skill (call-back!) and I'm sure you're a shoe in.

- Scott

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Hey, did you realize that if you make your original message into an acronym, it comes out as AHLDADD? Strange coincidence - that's actually a club on my campus: The Association of Heartfelt Loonies Dedicated to the Awesomeness of Daffy Duck. We um...we have a lot of stupid groups at my school.

Anonymous said...

Thought you'd get a kick out of this name I just stumbled across...yes, it's an actual WLPP customer's name.

Drumroll Please...

Aquanetta Smith.

Yes, there is a woman (I assume it's a woman) out there, named after that awful, awful hairspray.

Now I've seen it all.

Listerina Jones~