Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Teaching, eh?

Let me tell you a little story about how good I am with the little ones...

When we were playing lazer tag this weekend, there was this squad of little terrors there. Just over the bellybutton high, and stuck together in 2 swarms of about 5. They were "playing" lazer tag with us the last two games. And let me tell you, they talked a WHOLE lot of smack the entire time. And they would just follow people around and shoot them over and over and over again. It was really irritating. Eventually I got surrounded by them and they started yelling and poking thier guns in my face and being highly obnoxious. That's when I grabbed one by the head and pushed him back against the wall. It was a gentle push... more or less just making me an exit and moving him out of the way. But I wanted to pick him up by that head and throw him over the balcony. You know how some tolerant people are all like, "Kids will be kids..." Well, that's about the time I start looking for rocks to throw. Ask Ro, these kids were vicious.

Anyways, today was riddled with errands. Dealing with bills, and medical stuff. I bought an organizer yesterday so I could put all my paperwork in one place. Yeah, found an extra couple of bills while I was sorting, so good thing I did that. Anyways, no job break throughs yet... I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

no job huh... come back to school!! ummmm.. no for real, friends dont let friends go to grad school.. its kickin my ass.. plus the assistantship and all.. i dont mean to be redundant but for real, its kickin my ass! ok anyway, i hope you do have "breakthroughs".. dont worry, something will come by...
smile, its a new day! (which technically, every day is.. but.. anywho..!)
- Nida

Anonymous said...

Well, Mr. Rob If you can't find a job pretty soon or if you are right down tired of the kids there is always wlpp. We will all welcome you back with our open arms just for you like they say if you can't beat them join them.

Freemama vs Atomic Monster

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, my first graders would so take you out! Some punch, bite, kick, yell, and some just sneeze on you and make you sick................still considering teaching?

Anonymous said...

Those kids were vicious. They threatened me. The one kid was almost as big as me and they had me cornered... and at that point I wished my gun were real.

~Ro

Anonymous said...

OK, maybe teaching isn't your thing. Just don't end up 45 and still not know what you want to be when you grow up...oh, that's me...never mind. So, if you're grown up, do you stop growing?
Just contunue to be Rob and have fun along the way. You've got a lot of creativity that needs to get out. Please don't hurt anyone or yourself (you are accident prone).

-QB

P.S. Hi Kim/Jen...Kim, are you still in power?

Scott said...

All this teacher buisness? Well, I think he'd be good at it but I think he could also do the comedy site thing. Maybe get a PvP type comic strip up? Or some College Humor type things. As long as we have someone to take care of the art work (Rob) I'm sure me and Tim would be glad to help out.

College Humor makes assloads off its advertising, just a thought. Hell, you could even do both. You'd be that one renegade teacher, the one all the kids want but parents fear. Good stuff.


- Scott