Friday, February 18, 2005

"The Man" and Me.

I don't like to think about it as I'm going to be working for "The Man" soon. I prefer thinking that I'm just one step closer to becoming "The Man." Or as Tim likes to say, I'm working on Destroying the System from Within. So for all of you who were confused as to what CMS is, let me break it down for you. The CMS building is nothing more than a large filing cabinet. I mean that quite literally, its a big and silver and has three large drawers that you can pull out. Anyways within this mystical place live the CMS gnomes. Anyways, So if the government has a position open up, say for Government Light Bulb Changer, then they simply ask their little gnomes for everyone who's applied for that job. So where I come into play is, I fill out an application for EVERY JOB I WANT TO APPLY FOR! No big deal right? How about this, I have to take an hour and a half long test for each job. They don't really tell you which ones have openings, they just give you the list of every job that they provide for. So yeah, I applied for and tested for some of the office jobs while I was up there, mainly because they said that those are the most commonly placed jobs. And they said that once you have a government job, it's WAY easier to get a better one. Most people apparently switch around a lot.

So yeah... that was exciting. Let me tell you... best part is, I have go back to take more tests. These things are like the ACT in parts and not fun at all. So that's what Rob is doing today. Looking through lists of jobs and getting his applications together. Hope your day is going awesome though!

Here's your daily PSA: Wear your seatbelt.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My day is going super awesome!!!! Got a job offer, more than I could ever imagine. Gotta drug test tomorrow..good thing I gave up the heroin for lent.

I worked government. It's a good insight to the American life. I wish you well.

-QB

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I have to tell you "The Man" and Me" sounds like a follow up on Clay Aikens's album "Measure of a Man. just as long you don't apply for an IRS tax collector position then your ok.

Woof... woof.... mans best friend another cross over(Lassie meets Smallville). Definitely one of my favorite episodes and I'm happy that the Kent family decided to keep the pooch he is adorable, lovable and will make Lois very miserable since she's allergic to him (right Ro). Next weeks episode looks like another cross over (Croutching Tiger meets Smallville) Lana is now flying in the air with her martial art skills going up against Clark. Mmmmmmm!!! sounds like thats right down your alley Rob. (I wonder if you can do that now)?

Freemama

Anonymous said...

Freemama likey posty twicey...

Speaking of Smallville, I've seen about 4 episodes of it total, and most of those were from the beginning, but with all the hate-speak about this Lois person, I felt compelled to waste half an hour of my time to see what the deal is.

First of all, when I turned it on, the episode had already been on about 15 minutes, and on the screen was this chick holding a dog and telling Clark she had spent all morning, or something like that, making dumb flyers. I was thinking to myself, "This can't possibly be Lois, this must be some other chick on the show." So I kept watching and sure enough turns out that this girl really was Lois. I couldn't believe it. First of all, I'm a full-fledged Superman junkie. I've been to Metropolis, IL and everything...so I guess I don't understand how Clark could possibly know Lois right now. (You guys can fill me later.)Secondly, the Lois Lane in later years, is super-cool, and far better looking than this broad. Well, in comic books she is anyway....Thirdly, are Lana and Lois related? If so, they must be DISTANT cousins of cousins because Lana is cute, and Lois is...uhm...not.

OK, wait, I'm going off on a whole different topic here...I forget this thing is supposed to be all about Rob. DAMMIT! I broke the first law of posting!

Well, for those of you who wish to fill me in, let me know...I've got to get to the bottom of what the heck is going on. You've all got me intrigued!

PS - I like that Lex Luthor...mmmm...bald guys are hot.

~Chunky Monkey

Anonymous said...

Chunky Monkey~

My husband is a HUGE fan of Superman comics, and he loves Smallville as well. He lets most things on the show slide because there's not a whole lot in the comics about life in Smallville. Louis is Chloe's cousin. Chloe is never mentioned in the comics, but oh well. She and Lana are kind of friends.

In this series, Lana doesn't know Clark's secret, Pete Ross and Chloe Sullivan know. Pete didn't really know in the comics and again...there never was a Chloe mentioned.

Lex and Clark are like best friends...go figure there...Metropolis can be seen from a windmill in some farmers yard in the country (not likely in the comics since Metropolis was pretty much a coastal city and Kansas is no where near the coast)...but whatever!

Tabitha

Scott said...

Nice story...you NEGLECT to mention bastards sending me to Hooters to wander amongst horny buissness men like a girl who lost her contact at a nudie bar.

I'm not sure what I should say for this post because I was there at the time...but I guess I will gloat that I am way better than you at the pivot board. Also, project: deadly potato is going better than expected. In fact, I think I'll blog about it.

- Scott

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Superman can be a pretty big jerk sometimes. Check it out...

http://www.superdickery.com/

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'm even going to watch Smallville next week because I'm so angry about the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon stuff they're trying to pull with Lana. I'm enraged. This better turn into a Lex episode real fast becuase that's the only way I'm going to watch it without going berserk.

Anonymous said...

Timmy~

That superdickery.com is friggin hilarious! Thanks for letting me know about that one...I get a big kick out of seeing him as a prick!

On a side note, the comic of him peeking around the corner while Lois is Cinderella is my favorite so far...his face is hilarious!!

~Cynderblock