Friday, July 15, 2005

Red Tape

UIS makes Vogon's appear easy to deal with when it comes to paperwork. And "they wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters." By the way, You really should read (or watch I guess) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

So apparently on my online application I mistook a question about being a resident for "living on campus" when in fact it meant "of Illinois." Either that or I simply checked the wrong box (the people at UIS say that it happens frequently). But listen to this B.S.

I have to fill out a petition for residency for UIS now because they're trying to charge me Out of State Tutition. Shouldn't be a problem right? I can see that I might have to do more than a phone call, maybe meet with someone and sign something... but that's NO WHERE CLOSE to the crap they're trying to make me do. Aside from filling out the 5 page "Petition," I have to provide copies of:
  • Driver's License
  • Illinois Voter Registration Card
  • State Income Tax Returns
  • Federal Income Tax Returns
  • Paystubs for this Years Employment
  • Paystubs for LAST years Employment
  • My left arm
Alright so not the arm bit, and it wasn't even a funny joke... but I'm just REALLY FRUSTRATED AT THEM RIGHT NOW!!! Honestly, how is it that all I have to do is check a box the first time, but then they need all of that crap to correct it. Moreover, I don't know if I still have some of that stuff (I don't recall ever seeing a voter registration card) and any of it that I might still have, it's going to be in Jerseyville anyways. So Thanks mom for looking for some of that nonsense. How the crap is it so difficult for them to accept that I've lived in this state for my entire life. If I was king of the universe, who ever made that decision would be fired...

from a cannon...

into a brick wall...

with spikes on it...

from 2 feet away...

then burned "alive."


Damn you UIS.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I warned you!

UIS is the work of the devil!!

Did they also tell you that they are raising tuition either this fall or this coming spring by 13%? Glad I'm no longer enrolled there!

Good luck on your quest for the impossible documentations!

Breyn

Anonymous said...

Sounds like to me that they want to make sure that Mr. Rob French with that dark hair isn't a suspected terrorist. Not!!!!!

Freemama

Anonymous said...

You can always called the voting registration board from Jerseyville and if you are a registered voter, than will re-send you a new card.

The rest of the stuff...yah that's the greatness of politics and red tape! You should read applications a little more carefully in the future! (just joking)

You can get copies of your state income tax return from the Williard Ice Building downtown Springfield. I had to get those as well. Federal taxes can be gotten from the IRS building which is near best buy actually. It's some new building behind whatever shopping strip has the Friar Tucks in it!

Good luck!

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

I got it Rob, everything was here in your file. Not to worry. You always work best under pressure. Mom F

Anonymous said...

hey rob ,
just got back from camping its 9.00am monday morn. the stories i have to tell. it was awesomely bad yet fun. good luck with your lost life of 24 years in illinios .hope everything goes o.k. good luck with school.
phillip