Wednesday, December 14, 2005

"I'm experiencing a sensation altogether new to me...

... And frankly I LOVE IT!!!"

-- Tom Servo, MST3K --


So even though I haven't gotten any real free time just yet, I can smell it. I can feel it coming. Tomorrow is my last day of Crazy, No Social Life, Rob. After i turn in my final at 6 pm tomorrow, I'll officially be done with this semester, AND I'll officially have only one job. That means when I'm not at Best Buy, I won't have ANYTHING to do. I won't have to wake up every morning and close every night. I won't have to play catch up on my sleep, and there will be some mornings I may not have to set an alarm. i cen see in my schedule for next week, there's actually a 46 hour strech of time that I don't HAVE to do anything. Its completly blowing my mind.

Last Friday, you will never guess what I did... I went out. That's right, with someone besides Scott or a Ryder boy. No offense to either party of course, and I will be spending much more time with both, but you need to understand the depth of that statement. Its the first time, since I've been here, that I've hung out with someone whom I met for the first time here in Springfield. Not only that, but some of us went to get Chinese with Ro on Sunday, and I was invited to a party on Friday of this week.

People, it's official. I'm reclaiming a social life!
And I get to see more of Ro!!!
Things are going to be good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you! Frankly, we were getting a little concerned we hadn't seen anything on your blog. Reclaim that social life! Try something new! Make your life an adventure! Be grateful for every little pleasure (like not having to set your alarm some mornings). The nice lady you used to work with........... :-)

Josh said...

What? You're not allowed to have other friends. You're not even sanctioned for friendship in this county yet. There are applications you need to fill out.
Fine, see if I ever ask you to be a commander in my monkey army that I may or may not be building.

Scott said...

I was always a Crow T. Robot guy myself. He was my MST3K hero. Although the I also appreciate Mike and Tom quite a bit. However, I'm not big on Joel. It's not that I won't watch a Joel episode, they're just not as good as the later Mike episodes.

I think this is just a matter of the people involved getting better at what they do and that eventually Joel probably would have been up to par with Mike. But I still like Mike better.

Oh, what's this crap under the Servo quote. Friends! Ha!

- Scott