Thursday, December 15, 2005

The REAL King of the Jungle

Alright, so here's the deal. Here is Rob's knowledge of King Kong in it's complete and utter entirety:
Giant Monkey grabs Blonde, climbs up tall building and swats at airplanes.
That's it. That's all I knew. I didn't even know how it all ended until a damn webcomic ruined it for me. I'm not really mad at the webcomic, they likened it to "ruining" Star Wars by saying that Darth Vader is Luke's Father. Or Titanic in that the ship sinks. I'll give them that, there's definately a point where you have no right to be upset about ruining an ending. But to my defense, since seeing the movie (late show of course) I have spoken to two people who knew just as little as I had. One of those people is Ro, so please don't mention ANYTHING about the movie on here, or in the comments or anything. I want to use her as a test subject for someone who doesn't know the story at all before going in and what she thinks.

All that nonsense aside, here's my official movie review:

King Kong: Go see it.

Its not probably a movie I'd buy like Batman Begins and watch it over and over, but I definately enjoyed it and think everyone else would as well. I consider it to be like a Classic Book or something that everyone just needs to experience once and they're better off for doing so. One thing I will say, the T-Rex vs King Kong fight was freaking AMAZING. That scene alone would make me go back to the theatres to rewatch with Ro. Good Movie, Peter Jackson did a good job... and now he needs to get on "The Hobbit."

4 comments:

Timmy Tapeworm said...

I think I'm going to go totally spoil King Kong for Ro, but I'm going to do it over on HER blog. Just to see if she notices.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it yet, but I am planning on going. This is also a remake from the 1933 classic one if you didn't know. I actually liked the old black and white movie.

Freemama

Anonymous said...

Rob I'm the same as you...all I know about King Kong is the whole big monkey, likes blonde, climbs skyscraper. I can't say that I have a big urge to really go see it...never really gotten into King Kong. Maybe I'll see it when it makes it to the $2 theatre haha (I'm cheap ;))

However, I do plan on seeing the Chronicles of Narnia: the lion the witch and the wardrobe pretty soon...maybe this weekend..I'm excited for that one. Have you seen it yet? I knew you were trying to read the books earliar this year when the trailer came out.

Breyn

Anonymous said...

I know as much about the movie as Breyn. My son Phoenix has decided that King Kong is a movie he must go see. We just bought him King Kong underwear, and he wants to show everyone he comes in contact with!

I too would like to see the Chronicles of Narnia. I read the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe when I was younger, but don't remember a whole lot about it, and I know I didn't read all 7 books!

Tabitha