Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Art of the Email Driven Web Show

Alright, time for a post because I just finished and sent off one of my papers. This one in particular was due at noon today, so look at that people, I'm ahead of the game. Now to read that book, write 10 more pages and study for that final tomorrow....

Some of these other websites have it easy. I think I'm going to have to get my masses to work a little for me so I can have my own email driven web entertainment. See, the idea is that you get about a dozen friends and have them each get an additional 5 friends... kinda like a pyramid scheme, but legal. Anyways, all these friends take turns sending me emails every week so I can draw inspiration and humor in responding to an email of my choosing. For those of you unfamiliar with this concept, I've included a few of my favorite examples:

First, Ask a Ninja. Fairly self explainitory. He's a ninja, and you ask him questions. He will answer your question, then look forward to killing you soon. There are 3 facts everyone needs to know about ninjas.
FACT #1. Ninjas are mammals.
FACT #2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
FACT #3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.



Now, in response to Ask a Ninja, someone formed Ax a Pirate. For those of you unfamilar, there is a long standing debate between the superiority of ninjas vs pirates. My favorite fact about this is, before Ax a Pirate got started, the Ask a Ninja guys made a premptive strike and bought www.askapirate.com and made it link directly to askaninja.com.



Finally, I've saved the best for last. Ladies and Gentles, I present to you the King of the Email Driven Web Show... Strongbad.

2 comments:

Mr. Jones-Smith-Miller-Sanchez said...

I remember freshman year i would always watch strongbad emails. One of my favorites is the 'lures and Jigs'
classic.

ABout the email, I suggest a new account somewhere and i'll try to pound you with the most arbitrary random inquires of common social standings with lack reason .

Scott said...

Not a bad Strong Bad to choose, but by no means my favorite. Also, I wonder what our favorite email answering Ninja thinks fo Ax a Pirate. Questions for another day.

Here's my question to you, in detail, where do you stand on the Pirates vs. Ninjas issue, and how do you think it will effect your bid for the presidency.

Thank you.

- Scott