Monday, May 29, 2006

Worst Geocacher Ever

Yesterday I tried a new "sport" with Josh: Geocaching. For those of you who aren't familiar, you grab a GPS handheld, get some coordinates from a website, and go find what can be anything from a film canister to a shoebox sized container. Most of the time there's a strip of paper that you can sign your name to and frequently there are little items (McDonald's Toys or little trinkets) hidden inside. You can take something, only if you leave something else in it's place.

Anyways, so its a giant, world-wide game of hide and seek and I suck at it. I'm not talking like boxer who can't take a single hit and is the laughing stock of the sport, its worse than that. I's that kid who's picked last in kickball because the team just knows that somehow I'll ruin it for the whole team in the end. Josh says that him and Allyn have found almost 20 of these things in their few short runs; yesterday we set out with coordinates for 3 different ones and came back completely empty handed. I'm the only new variable in this equation, so I can only assume its my fault.

So this is my appology to Josh and the Geocaching world as a whole. I'm sorry I suck at life. I still recommend this as a great sport to anyone who has access to a GPS system--I hear its a great time. I apparently need to stick to my virutal world and leave the big scary real world alone. If you want to find out if there are any geocaching spots near you, go to the offical Geocaching Web Site and punch in your info in the top left corner.

2 comments:

Mr. Jones-Smith-Miller-Sanchez said...

i'd like to take a building home!!!
Anyhow. Rob does this mean that to your arsinal of technology you have a mobile GPS device?

Timmy Tapeworm said...

"take house"