Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Free Cable!

I had this guy knock on my door yesterday, he was from the cable company, we'll call him: Cable Guy. So, Cable Guy came over because my Cable Company has been having a lot of problems and they had been recieving a lot of complaints from this area. I told him I didn't even have cable, he said nevermind then, I asked what was going on with it, he said they were reimbursing everyone's last month cable bill, I said "Oh, really?" Long and short of it, I just got a free month of cable.

Now I'm sure that what this guy was thinking, after the look on his face after finding out I have a 30" HDTV and no actual TV reception at all, that I would fall in love with the cable and he was potentially making a sale. He definately underestimates my fiscal situation. Do you know they charge $30 for basic cable? And I wanted to see what the HD stuff was like, so I got that as well (additional $13) and he offered a free movie channel while we were at it (HBO: $13). Somehow my "bill" has come up to like 60-some dollars and after checking it out a bit today, I STILL don't have any channels. The first thing I did was watch Contact, why? Because that was the channel he put it on to check and see if my cable was working properly.

So yeah, that went pretty well, but then I didn't feel like watching what was coming next so I wanted to change the channel.... nothing. I get like 10 stations and only half in HD. Its only ridiculous stuff in HD too... The Knowledge Network, Sports, 1 HBO channel and C-Span. So I left the Senate Debates on Immigration run for about 2 hours in HD.

I'm SO cancelling this. It'll be hard to see if I even make it a month.

2 comments:

Mr. Jones-Smith-Miller-Sanchez said...

I went most of soph year and all of junior year w/o cable. Last year was the first time to have cable, and i barely watched. I really don't "dig" tv. I mean, TV is truely bad, and quite often.

Anonymous said...

Ya know I work for the cable company, right? Who was your salesperson? I may be able to make it better! ;)

Adam