Thursday, April 21, 2005

Selling out on a Thursday?

I have to ask, don't these people have jobs? I just got back from the Cubs v. Cardnials game and that was the first thing I noticed. It's Noon on a Thursday, and it's sold out crowd. I mean, I realize that I'm there... But if all these other people are jobless too, this place is in a bad state.

An impromptu baseball game was a pleasant suprise for me, I'm not the biggest baseball fanatic, but I like it. And I do like the Cubs/Cards rivalry. And they were lawyer seats - Lisa's husband is a lawyer and they were from a lawyer friend, right behind first base. I rate the seats 4.5/5. Mainly I bring you two things I noticed at the game (besides the before mentioned unemployment rate).

One, John got peanuts at the game, of which I had a few. I can't decide what I liked more: the peanuts, sucking the salted shells, or the joy of leaving a nasty pile of shells at our feet. I rate the experience a 4/5.

Secondly, how is it that when I went to get a Hardee's thickburger and a coke the reception that they had on the TV's around the outter part of the stadium had the WORST RECEPTION EVER. I mean seriously... what's with that? It looked like the game was coming from Cambodia, not the otherside of a plywood thin wall. The TV's get 1/10.

But we won, the game was fun and it was free. No complaints here.
Join me tomorrow when we will discuss the necessity for a few more shades gray in political spectrum, decide who frustrates me more: Michael Moore, Ann Coulter or George Lucas, and the real reason I'm jealous of the rubber bracelets. Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... I'm SO sorry the TV had bad reception. Why don't you cry a little bit onto your FREE ticket?