Friday, April 29, 2005

Amazingly enough, I didn't post 'cause there was too much to post about...

I realize the logic there seems flawed, and I should have just written a throwaway post that was about something nonsenseical, but I kept thinking that I would get everything under control in a manner that I could just drop a bomb on you yesterday.
Alright here's the deal: We bought a pinball machine. That's right This Little Beauty is sitting in our basement right now. And let me tell you another thing, that blind little deaf and dumb P.O.S. doesn't have anything on me. I'm a god amongst men in both blackjack AND pinball.

After my meeting with University of Illinois at Springfield, I decided to go through with it. I've already applied, and I'm thinking about just taking one class next semester. We'll see how well my job situation is and I may add one more in August. Also it turns out there's quite a waiting list on creepy little hunchback assistants, you really can't claim to be "Master" without one of them following you everywhere.

"But Rob, how are you going to sign up for classes in Springfield without a job secured?" Well kiddies, I got offered one yesterday. Its doing data entry for Wells Fargo, and not for as much money as I would like, but lets face it, I don't have business's beating down my door at the moment. So I'm taking it. Signing papers in Springfield today, and still going to the job fair on Saturday. We'll see if I can get a better offer before I even start. So yeah, that's it. Looks like I'm heading to Springfield. Who'd a thought? Guess the end of the world really is here...

3 comments:

Scott said...

I got a fever, and the only perscription is more pinball! Seriously Rob, you KNOW you have to bring that when you move. I'm no master at pinball, but occasionally I'll get on a nice roll and surprise myself. I'd like to see if my bursts of pure luck can defeat your supposed mastery of the chrome balls. (hehheheh)

Anyway, congrats on the jorb. It's about time you rejoined the productive members of society. I'd be glad to offer my services in helping you find an apartment in Springfield. I'd offer up my spare bedroom as a temporary place for you to crash, but I don't think you could handle the constant stream of girls comming and going. I'd really hate to instill a jealous murderous rage in you. But if all else fails... stay with Josh. Kidding, if you need to I can grit my teeth and warn the girls. But it's not hard to find a nice place here, so it probably won't be necessary.

Ok, well after that monster comment, I'm off to Canada. Oh and guess what? I'm going to the town that they actually film Smallville in. So I intend to get pictures at the Talon, and at the "Kent Farm" and other such places. The highschool too if possible. Yes, I feel the jealousy now... muwhahahaha.


- Scott

Anonymous said...

Rob~

I'm very happy for you! Glad you're coming to Springfield with the rest of us cool people! Too bad you don't like horseshoes...that's just tragic.

But hey, being here in Springfield you can come do Snowballs with me and Breyn! You'll love it!

Good luck finding a better job before you start. Let me know how that goes for you!

Tabitha

Rob said...

I had a bad link and no one even corrected me on it. Eh, oh well. Its fixed now, you can see my favorite little lacky when you click "them"