Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Wedding Top 3 List

Alright, So I've probably got a million things I could tell you about. But with The Others and management standing over my shoulder, I've felt unable to post at work. Anyways, my best friend Josh just got married this weekend. I could tell you about every detail but instead I've comprised this top 5 list. So without further ado...

#5 Live Swing Band at the reception. Only dampened by the fact I didn't have an actual date, I still got in a few numbers. A dance with Mom, A bridesmaid, Allyn as well as Josh, Josh's Cousin... I made do the best I could. Live music is awesome. I'm gonna have Richard Cheese do mine I think.

#4 The Preacher forgot to say "Repeat after me." This one really threw Josh for a loop, especially since during the rehearsal dinner Josh specifically pointed out how important this phrase was. And the first line to repeat wasn't very obvious (like: "Here before God and all our friends...") So there was this awkward silence that lasted no more than a heartbeat I'm sure, but I know all us groomsmen saw the humor in the situation (it wasn't Josh's fault, nor was it a big deal)

#3 The Crazy Guy who drove the Getaway car. So this "Family Friend" has this old classic car that Josh and Allyn drove away in. Crazy guy walks up to Tim and I while we're waiting for our bride and groom and the conversation goes something like this: "Yeah, good day for a wedding. I got married myself 6 months ago today. Yep at 4:00 six months ago I married my wife on a day like today. 4:15 today she left me. Told me that she didn't want anything to do with me and didn't want to even see me anymore." *silence* Tim and Rob exchange glances and walk away.

#2 Allyn was beautiful coming down the isle and she was giddy as a school girl. She was bubbling over and it was apparent to everyone. Up at the front all of us Groomsmen/Bridesmaids started chuckling because of how cute she was. No one would have noticed, until you heard this bass-y soft chuckle come over the Speakers. The Preacher's mike was on and he was laughing very throatily and menacing sounding. Seriously it was horror movie creepy sounding. I know for a fact that Tim, Paul and I were borderline laughing hysterically the next 3 minutes because of it. I was just watching Tim's (best man) back and he was just shaking/quivering trying to hold in the laughter.

#1 Tim's Speech. (No need to repeat what Tim already posted about... and the actual speech is in his comment section. It went over VERY well.)

4 comments:

kimberlyb1974 said...

When you get up in front of all those people, and you're focusing intently on what the minister is saying, you really DO need them to say, "repeat after me!" I was so dizzy the first time I got married, (mainly because I'd been up all night the previous evening trying to decide whether I should go through with it or not...plus my dress was too tight and cutting off circulation,) that everything the minister said sounded like he was saying it from a can three blocks down the road.

Next time I got married, it was in the courthouse in the judge's private chambers. Much better. No people, no dress, no hullabaloo.

Sounds like a fun time was had by all! Congrats to the couple!

~K

Anonymous said...

So Rob, you beat out the cousin of the groom for place in line for the wedding party? Not too shabby! Guess you are cooler than Scott!

So, you named your blog for the day wedding top 3, and then had a list of 5? Can you count?

I don't even know Josh and Allyn, but I wish them the best! Married life is fun! It gets so much more entertaining when you throw kids in the mix!

Timmy, loved the speech! What was Rob whispering to you? Knowing Rob is was probably sweet nothings! Watch out Scott, you may have competition for Rob's affection!

Too bad Ro couldn't go with you to the wedding Rob. I'm sure you would have had more fun dancing! Glad there was live Swing music! How did they know to plan the reception towards your interests?

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Kimmy, loved the story about your first wedding! I agree...the minister makes a huge difference. My dad married me and my hubby...and he CRIED through the ENTIRE thing! NEVER have your father be your minister! I was the first of his three daughters to get married, and he's not a HUGE fan of my hubby...so it was an interesting event! It's hard to repeat what they're saying when they cry through it! However, without something going "wrong" or different, it just doesn't stand out! I have more memories from my sister's wedding than from Breyn's (sorry Breyn!). My sister punched me in the middle of the ceremony, a bridesmaid fell getting up the steps to the stage in the church, my little brother was crying so hard he couldn't breathe, and my brother-in-law said in what he thought was a quite voice (although the Pastor's microphone picked it up) to my sister that he didn't pay any attention because he was busy staring at her boobies! Breyn's wedding was very nice and beautiful and went off without a hitch!

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Yes my wedding was very nice and beautiful and went off without a hitch cuz I'm just good like that! ;)

Not that Rob would know anything about that because he chose to go to his lame ass RA Orientation Training that day then join us in the fun!

The swing band sounds like a lot of fun...Rob what happened to your other girlfriend - Emily? You got stood up by both? That's sad.

Breyn