Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Bringing everyone up to speed.

Here’s a picture I like:

Its Ro playing F.E.A.R. She’s a gamer and I’m very proud of her. Know why Ro’s awesome? ‘cause when most girls would say “I hate that game,” it would probably be because they thought it was stupid, or too gory, or a waste of time. But do you know why Ro said “I hate that game”? Because she was mad that clone soldier got up after taking metal spike in the head and started shooting at her again. She was not pleased with that guy. For future reference, when Ro shoots you in the head with a spike, she expects you to stay dead. The truth of the matter is that she really did like the game, even if she could do without a lot of the really scary parts. (Seriously, when did children become so frightening?)

I got the midterm done and turned it in on time. 13 freakin’ pages. Ridiculous. I have another 2 papers due next week… starting on those tomorrow night. As for today I’m going to be catching up on some sleep and possibly checking out an apartment today. I have to go to work at The Buy at 4:00, so yeah… it never ends.

I get to have a meeting with my supervisor today at Best Buy, we’ll see about getting a full time position there so I can have a set schedule and stop working two jobs. This fluctuating between 25-60 hours a week sucks… a lot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck on the job thing....I heart you!!! Anna

Anonymous said...

Ro is working hard look at the expression on her face. Rob I read a article in the entertainment section on the intertnet and the creator of the Friday 13th movies is planning on coming out with another Jason vs Freddy. Thats not all he wants to add another villian to the set. Freddy vs Jason vs Michael Myers from the Halloween films. That sounds like one of our matchups we thought of when you were here.

Freemama

kimberlyb1974 said...

Hey Robby, hope that job thing works out for ya. And the paper thing. And the apartment thing.

~Thingamabob

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Ah, the gamer girlfriend. That elusive holy grail of all nerdboys' dreams. With each additional quality you share about Ro, she gets THAT much cooler and I wonder why she's with you THAT much more.

Is it your cooking? I bet it's your homemade Jack Daniels dipping sauce. I bet you gave her that and she got drunk and you tricked her into going out with you and she just hasn't wised up yet.

kimberlyb1974 said...

Happy belated blogging anniversary!

I can't believe it's been a year since you started this thing, complimenting the wonderful business practices of AWR...

Things haven't changed much. If you went back and read your early posts, and then visited us for one week now...you'd see...we still suck.

At any rate, congrats on actually keeping up with it all. And, by the way, did I keep up my end of the bargain?