Monday, October 03, 2005

Decisions

Sometimes close contests have a “judge’s decision” like boxing for example. Others sometimes have a “majority decision” like our legislature. There are still other kinds of rulings, such as the ever popular “monetary decision” (who has gold makes the rules sort of deal). Well, the contest that I posed on Friday has been decided, and not by any of the previously mentioned methodologies either. What started off as a close race has turned into a landslide victory. At the end, pulling ahead by somewhere around 1000 points, Tim Ryder is our winner!! That’s right folks, by an official “Phil’s Decision,” Tim has bested Google without question. Congratulations Tim!! (It should also be noted that Rob’s Space has always and will continue to support “Phil’s Decision” in any matters of… well, anything.)

The picture I posted is of my favorite person. I know that most of the face is hidden, but I still think you can figure out who it is. (And the textbook should be a dead giveaway)

That was during our study session last night. I was reading horrifically painful articles about institutionalism and legislatures and balance and power and how corrupt Illinois is… all in all, a good time. Almost as good of a time as when we were playing poker at the Ryder Household. I had the pleasure of knocking Scott out of the tournament and then Tim and Josh more or less took themselves out (I don’t remember). The final three was Allyn, Ro and I. I, of course, won. One day they’ll all learn they’re being hustled. One day… So that puts me winning 2 of 3 poker tournaments and 5 out of 5 chess matches against Scott.

I am STILL awesome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob and Ro I hope both of you were able to see Smallville its that time of year again. Talk about two people coming out of a space ship with a bad attitude. I wouldn't want them for my next neighbor their manners aren't that good. I did like the minor change that was made to the beginning credits. For the past four years I got tired of seeing that blue car that Lex was driving plunging off of the bridge into the river along with Clark everyweek it came on. One more thing, I wonder is that annoying Sherif is coming back into the picture? I haven't seen her for while It seems like she was always out to get Clark. Maybe one of those rocks knocked her in the head and POOF! you know the ending.

Freemama vs The Annoying Sherif

Anonymous said...

hello you sext thang you (oh god i think i just threw up)...anywho I was wondering where ro was but i should have known that "I am not going to go to robs" ment I will be there as soon as i can get my butt there. OH well....hey fun website that you probably already know about is dumblaws.com....did you know it is illegal to speak english in Il? guess i am screwed

heart you!! Anna

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Yeah! Suck it, Google! Who's taking over the world NOW?! This guy! WHOO!

In other news, I'm never playing poker with Rob again. Now Scott on the other hand, I'll play him any day.

Scott said...

I take it I'm efficiently hustling you. Now the next time we play for money, I invite you to bring your checkbook. Also I'm fairly convinced that Ro's only purpose in life is to be adorable.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

A-GREED!

Rob said...

I'm down for playing with money!! Come on Tim, if its just luck on my part... I'm bound to lose sooner or later.

Anonymous said...

rob
hey can i play too. i love chess. you shall bow before my chess skills.also like poker too i really just try to push people around playing that game.also rob do you mean that i can tell who is in the pic b/c the girl holding "japan" book looks like she should be from japen b/c of her face .no relly i love ro you know i am just joking i thought you were pacific islander.i knew tim would win.
phlip

Anonymous said...

dear rob ,
i should also note that i iffact hate you .not really thanks to you i dont sleep or do my homework ever sence you published the doctor brain piece on tim i found the puzzle section and it has led to my obsession of the rubiks cubes i have all 6 differnert ones and great math skills "barn problems". now i get nothing done. thanks for nothing. phlip