Thursday, October 06, 2005

An Open Letter

Dear Mr McJake,

You should count yourself lucky that the powers that be over here at Rob's Space 2.0 have decided to take time out of their busy schedule to address your concerns. at 10:06 am on October 4, 2005 the following comment was received :

Jakey McJake said...

Thanks for your list of websites that EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT. I'm so lucky to have your internet commentary to teach me things I never could have possibly figured out...unless I actually used the internet.

But it's the thought that counts, I suppose. Pervert.


First, I need to start with your name. Frankly, and as I believe we here at Rob's Space 2.0 have indicated previously, it Sucky McSucks. We try our best here to provide actual content for our readers, unlike some people who create and devote an entire podcast to let his peers know that a 13 year old boy had been banned from the forums.

Mr McJake, there are other people who read Rob's Space who are less computer/internet savvy than others (pronounce savvy: "ob-sess'-ed"). And I like to sometimes share things that might help them, just as I sometimes discuss inside jokes that only Scott, Tim and Ro might be a part of. So now, instead of your insults affecting me, it is probably more likely that they were poorly received by my readers. I hope you feel like a big man now.

I can just assume that you missed the point that I was trying to share web fundamentals and not trying to bring groundbreaking new material forward. You also seemed to miss the open invitation where I wanted to have others bring their own basic, frequently visited sites to the group. So, even when you had your own grievances about the content, as well as an open invitation to add your own, you did nothing to actually improve your misperceived state of things. Wait a minute. Complaining about misunderstood situations... Elitist attitude... taking no actual action yourself... You're a libertarian, aren't you? This conversation is over.



Commies Burn in Hell,

Rob's Space 2.0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob, fantastic paper, actually, I understood none of it. I have developed a filter due to a childhood walking parades for reelection efforts. Anything political winds up sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher.
Just over those hills, I can barely make out the shape of a new blog.