Monday, October 17, 2005

Generic Title Here

Sooo... I've got some ideas in the works for fun things to share, but none developed yet. Also I feel like this next week may be... "bad." I'm scheduled everyday at the Buy (except for Mon/Wed when I have class). And I have a sinking feeling that I'm getting at least one take-home midterm in my classes this week. I had some gripes about work, and some issues with Apple concerning their new iPod video. But I don't feel like getting into them. Instead I'm just going to share a few tidbits with you.

Word of the Day: Sophomore
A sophomore is a second-year student. Etymologically, the word means 'wise fool'; consequently sophomoric means "pretentious, bombastic, inflated in style or manner; immature, crude, superficial" (according to the Oxford English Dictionary). Coming from the Greek sophos, meaning "wise", and moros meaning "foolish".

And some links:

For those of you who shop on eBay, there's a new trend to rip people off you should be aware of. People are selling, just the boxes now on eBay, to popular, expensive devices. For example check out this Playstation 2 box that sold for $200. The ad clearly states it's simply the box, but when people are in a hurry and looking through a lot of items, they don't alway read the print.

Secondly, in time for the Holiday Season. Creepy Halloween related Medical Diseases! (both links courtsey of Collegehumor.com)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'd be pretty pissed if I spent $200 on a box! Good to know!

Tabitha

Scott said...

You know who I hate? People who pronounce 'sophomore' as 'southmore'. WHERE DO YOU SEE A UTH in that word? NOWHERE! Also, I'm hoping that the entire eBay system crashes or begins to capitulate to my whims.

Oh and it's PSP not a PS2, easy mistake, provided it's a typo. Seemingly impossible mistake if you just mistook the one for the other. Also, I can't wait for the posts later this week. I have a feeling I'll be playing quite a role in the affairs.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

Mr. Rob...you have know idea how much my heart longs for you, and to find out that my one and only is working so many days this week gives me great pleasure. Everytime i get the chance to watch your rippling biceps stock boxes i know that i can die a happy individual. Mr. Rob if you only knew the intensity of my love for you, your heart would surely crumble in the wake of its sheer power. The depths of my desire can not be contained by my mere 35mm. While our distance apart maybe large and difficult to overcome I will not give up on my quest to be able to roll over and see you lying next to me. Until that time comes I must simply remain in the shadows of our love.

Konica Minolta

Anonymous said...

dear rob,
who is this chick.she better leave my boyfriend along.do you know her.phlip