Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Best Buy Updates

Alright a lot of little Best Buy related stuff... you ready?

Black Friday
Black Friday is over and I've finally recovered fully from it. Here's the deal for the day after thanksgiving sales. There are three main kinds of shoppers in this world: 1) the kind who always tries to pay the least amount of money for a particular type of product. 2) the kind who has to have the newest, flashiest and most expensive. 3) the kind who does research on what they want and tries to find the best quality for the money. If you are a #1 and have a good attitude plus a sense of adventure, the Day After is right up your alley. If you are a #2, #3, or ill-tempered stay home. The best, most expensive stuff is not on sale... we know you'll pay full price and more for it anyways. You're not going to find a good quality computer for $150. If you want to simply check email and search the internet, maybe. To an average-advanced user you just bought a $150 paperweight. And if you're ill-tempered, do the world a favor and shop online.

White Men Still Can't Jump
So I tried to hurdle a 32" big screen television on Black Friday too... I was wearing my Europe Boots and they kinda trailed a little low on the jump. I'm blaming the shoes. I managed to tuck up into a decent roll and got a good applause from the customers. The TV is fine, my butt has a wallet sized bruise, it was totally the shoes.

Best For Last
Alright, to wrap it up... I put in my two weeks at BUNN today. But Rob, why this sudden change? Well, we had a fulltimer who didn't show up for his shift at Best Buy on Black Friday. Let's just say that I'm now recieving his medical benifits. That's right, this kid is full time. I'm going to have a set number of hours a week now. I don't have to close at Best Buy every night and then wake up early every morning for BUNN. I don't have to work 60 hour weeks anymore without getting a penny of overtime pay. Things are going to start getting a LOT better for me. Just about the best thing to happen to me since Guitar Hero... almost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My love!!!! it has been so long that i have been able to speak to you through your blog. I feel as though through this intricate web communication I feel as though our souls are intertwined and we have a connection that triumphs all love. I was there on "black friday"! I was overjoyed to read that you would be working for sixteen hours! that meant that i would be able to stare at my love for the longest time and dream about how our lives would be, together, as one.
When I saw you taking that short cut and deciding to take your long luxurious body and jump over the tv my heart fluttered. The thought of watching you fly through the air as your body slowly flew over the object with your smile that makes my heart melt brought a smile to my face. However when I saw you begin that journey with such a sweet smile on your face only to change to a look of diappointment as you tumbled to the ground, I wept. I wanted to run over there and caress your sweet supple delicious body and take your worries away. But alas i stayed my ground....by the cameras...God how i long to feel your breath upon my neck.
Konica