Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Rob's 10 Commandments

  1. Do onto others as they have done onto you.
  2. Thou shalt never be over critical, mean-spirited or bitchy.
  3. If thou art bitchy, don't expect me to even pretend to like you (refer to Commandment #1).
  4. Being of weaker intelligence than I is not a crime, however if you're bitchy AND stupid... you're really gonna hate me (ughh... Paris Hilton).
  5. Thou shall read, and comment, on Rob's Space Every Weekday.
  6. If the number of times I've neglected to post (on a weekday) is more than the number of times you've neglected to comment on a post of mine... only THEN do you have justification to hold my negligence against me.
  7. Thou shall not make hold predjudices against another on the basis of race, sex, class, religion or sexual orientation, violators deserved to be kicked in the teeth. (Red-Headed children are of course the exception... they have no souls.)
  8. Do not ask someone for a favor and then critize how well they performed, if you wanted it done right... you know how this ends.
  9. If you ever do anything to hurt Ro's feelings or any inconvenience her whatsoever, you're going to hell.
  10. Thou shalt never question Rob, he is infallible.


So yeah, you are free to make suggestions for my list, or make up a commandment or two of your own for yourself. Not really as impressive as someone coming down from the mountain top or anything, but it will suffice.

As far as "Black Friday." Best Buy is going to be ridiculous. People will start lining up at 8 or 9 pm the night before. If you want one of the big ticket items (ridiculously cheap things) don't bother showing up after about 3 or 4, you will be so far back in the line it won't matter. Last year it took 38 SOLID MINUTES for people to get into the store once we opened... that means nonstop traffic, the doors did not shut and the flow of people never stalled for more than a half hour. I have to be there at 2:30 in the morning, I get a four hour break around noon, and don't get to leave until 11 pm. I'm getting 15.5 paid hours plus two half hour lunches that day. Every parking space is worth around $120,000 that day and we make more that day than we do in an average month. There will be food vendors selling to the line in the middle of the night and Best Buy and others provide free coffee, water, and donuts. And Finally, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet... here's the website who claims to have all the ads if you want to look at them a day early (sorry, could have posted this weeks ago, but never thought of it.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh Black Friday....my fav time of the year....I completely understand what you will going through. I wish you the best of luck! We should keep a tally on how many people we see fighting over something and see who wins...my guess would be you. I love it when they punch eachother....GOOD LUCK!
anna

Scott said...

Seriously, look out for yourself. It's going to be the closest thing to American Anarchy that you can imagine. So enjoy the turkey today because tomorrow it's going to be asses and elbows at the store.

Also, I can't believe that your proclamation of 10 commandments didn't get the same response Moses got from the Jews. I guess it really lacks the punch of smashing stone tablets and making people drink a golden cow. Work on that for next time.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

omG 16 and a half hours!!! That sucks, well at least you made some good money right?!
Sure worth watchin people try to outrun and elbow each other to buy stuff, huh?
Have fun with finals.. :\ (gulp!)
- Nida

Anonymous said...

Ah I have come to love Black Friday. The women in Adam's family usually make out a game plan for that day in order to grab the doorbusters.

I myself was standing in Super Walmart at 2:30am Friday morning in order to get a laptop for $378. Needless to say I was number 13 out of 40 (that's all the store had)! woohoo

I have to admit I think I more enjoy the thrill of it, rather then the actual item I'm buying. I mean come on I was 1 of 40 people to get what I came there to get...who wouldn't want to rub it in the faces of the idiots who thought they could show up at 3:00am and still get one!!! MUUHHHAAHAHAHA In your face suckers. (sorry just wanted to say that)

It is sheer madness...once 5am hit people were pushing and shoving and yelling and grabbing for the incredibly discounted and ridiculously limited quantities of items. I swear I saw people shoving and fighting over $3 DVDs.

However, I must say that even I avoid Best Buy on that day...it is just totally way too much madness there for me. I drove by BB at 2:00am on my way to Super Walmart and the line was already to PetSmart...psychos.

Rob hope you are recovering from your long ass day...i cant even imagine what that was like.

Breyn

Anonymous said...

Oh and I am enjoying my new laptop. In fact i'm sitting on my new couch (thanks to another doorbuster from black friday) as I type this. God bless whom ever invented wireless internet...now I can be the ultimate couch potato.

Now if only I could train the dog to get my soda out of the fridge.

Breyn