Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Man, I LOVE BUYING STUFF!!! Seriously, I’ve got a problem. The best part was going into Linens and Things and saying: Damn, I need ALL this stuff. It’s great. So far the items I’ve bought for my new apartment can be grouped into 3 basic categories:

Necessary Stuff:

  • Microwave. My microwave is, as they say in Alton, "Da' Biz-omb." It has a toaster built in.
  • Kitchen Trashcan. Stainless Steel... matches my microwave and other various kitchen accessories. Plus it has this inner-can thing that makes the bag pull tight and seemless... impossible to explain, take my word for it.
  • High Speed Internet. No Phone Line. No TV. Just internet.

Stuff I Wanted:

  • Spice Rack. Yeah, so I use a lot of asian spices and such so I'll be ditching some of this crap and replacing it with my own. Goodbye Cumin, Hello Sesame Seeds and Seaweed!
  • Matching Soap Dispenser, Trashcan, Bath Mat, Shower Curtain, Toilet Seat Cover, Toothbrush Holder. I have to match... and black is a good color on me.

Just Plain Ridiculous:

  • New Mouse and Keyboard. Yay for Best Buy Discounts! My keyboard glows blue and my mouse is freakin' sweet.
  • Shredder. I've already shredded a full bag full of stuff. NO ONE is getting my important information... or weekly newspaper adds, or phonebooks...

5 comments:

Josh said...

Did you know that you produce a liter of saliva a day? I've also watched a video on volcanoes twice so I'm an expert on those as well. That's enough to fill 300 bathtubs in a lifetime. Amazing!

Scott said...

I hate materialism. I hate materialistic people. But damn it if most of the time I don't want things.

Those are some pretty righteous items. Enjoy your apartment. And get the internet soon. That would also be good.

- Scott

Rob said...

Rowela, if you start wearing uggs and gauchos... I'll break up with you.

kimberlyb1974 said...

A Haiku for Ro:

Ro, Uggs and gauchos.

That's so hot, Rob's full of it.

She's a trendsetter.

~Feet too big for Uggs

Anonymous said...

rob,
i know its has been awhile .but it has been for the better good .if i did not lose you cell number i would have called but i need it a gain.i really thinking about getting my own blog.i have some great stories that are so much more interesting than yours right now.i also have pictures to.
lets put it this way i look hemingway with the great beard thing for living in the woods doing research.
phlip