Friday, September 16, 2005

BUNN-O-MATIC

I don’t believe enough things have the “o-matic” suffix these days. In the 80’s I think we believed that everything would be a something-o-matic eventually. And I’m really disappointed that hasn’t really came about yet. I think I’m going to start renaming my everyday appliances like my microwave can be the cook-o-matic. But anyways…

Here’s a couple of work related thoughts:

1) I wonder if this place shoves coffee down the throat of every visitor that comes here. CEO or Bum off the street, I bet the first thing they try to do is offer you a nice cup of Bunnomatic brewed goodness. Being a non-coffee drinker myself, I try and hide this fact because I’m pretty sure it would result in my termination if the higher ups found out.

2) My work load varies here more than any other place I’ve ever been. But at least I’m getting some fairly decent hours this week. Coincidentally, my hours at Best Buy just went down the toilet, but as of right now, things are seeming to balance out.

3) There’s a conspiracy here at work. They keep trying to tell me that this guy, a Mr. Bunn, actually started this company and frequently comes to visit. I don’t believe it. I’ve told some semi-important people how I was on to them and their Mr. Bunn Scam but they still think they can trick me. They even told me that next time he’s in, they would bring him down to meet me personally. I told them that I could bring my roommate in wearing a Bunny Suit and we can call him the Easter Bunny. I said, “Hell, I even have him hand out a few eggs if you want.” They’re not to be deterred however, and now I’m wondering if they’re going to really go through with it. Scott, you best start practicing your hopping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate drinking coffee, but I agree with Ro about the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. What an amazing smell. I'd love a candle that I could light to get that smell first thing in the morning! It's a waste to actually make coffee since I don't drink it!

Yah, bring Scott in a bunny suit, just be sure you put pictures of that! I have plenty of old Easter baskets I'd donate to the cause!

Spaceballs is a perfect example of how we thought things would be in 2005 actually! Everything is o-matic. The princess is driving a 2005 flying car too!

Tabitha

Scott said...

Ah, a perfect justification to wear this old thing. Thanks man. It was getting awkward having to explain bets and such. Why can't people just accept the fact that I enjoy wearing a bunny suit? I figure I can get at LEAST a day out of this one. Thanks man.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

hello everyone
i used to watch galliger on tv when i was little he was great.
phlip