Friday, February 24, 2006

Great Wi-Fi and a Great Movie

So my internet's been flaky, and I've been.... well not home. Last night I had another big meeting of Model Illinois Government, after working all day... and then class.... but hey who needs to be home between the hours of 9 am and 11 pm anyways (Saturday it'll be 7:45 am - 11:?? pm). Next weekend is my birthday and Model Illinois Government (hereby referred to as MIG). I think I've decided to last minute draw up a bill and get it passed in the House. Its going to be to lift the ban on local governments to allow free city-wide wireless internet access. Blah blah blah, not going to go into it, but with Cities like Philadelphia already have plans underway and Chicago is in negotiations it won't be that hard of a sell in a Model Government setting. In the real field its a few legislators in the hand of some of the big businesses that have enacted the ban in the first place before people really knew what anyone was talking about. Who'da thought, Cable Companies, Cell Phone Providers and the Telecommunications Industry are worried about losing business to free wireless internet.

Secondly, what if I told you there was a movie coming out staring: Chevy Chase, Jimmy Fallon, Whoopi Goldberg, Judi Dench, Ian McKellen, Kevin Smith, William H Macy and Jon Stewart. Now what if I said it was animated? Now what if I said that Jon Stewart plays the voice of an evil blue spring who is trying to freeze the world with an ice beam that shoots from his moustache? I am so there.

1 comment:

Mr. Jones-Smith-Miller-Sanchez said...

Free wireless internet would be fantastic. But the only thing is I wonder how the ISP's are doing in Philly since the change?
Rob. We need to play pool together. It could be some sibling-boyfriend and Girlfriend-sibling connection. I'm not as good as i should be with how often i've played. it could be a good match. 9- or 8-ball?

Doogal. I'm down