Thursday, January 12, 2006

And the first thing I did... I kicked it.

Makes sense to me, when you get something new you kick it. When you need to fix something, you kick it (like Josh's Bike). When love someone you kick Ro... I mean it. Its the way the world works.

I got my Christmas present installed today, my remote car start/alarm/door unlocker/trunk release thing. I wanted to hear what it was like, so I turned the security system on and kicked the tire....

Nothing happened. So I kicked harder...

My car started making this odd Chirping sound, but then stopped. So I kicked it again....

The Chirping again, but this time the remote on my keyring chirped as well. Cool... Kick.

All hell broke loose, by remote was chirping and the siren was going off on the car. I started hitting buttons, my trunk opened, my car started and eventually... I turned it off. It was awesome. Its the bestest car ever. I haven't started the car manually since I got the install (a good 6-8 starts. And the boop-BOOP noise when you disable the system is my favorite too. Its all my favorite.

I think I'm going to get one installed on Ro. For saftey/security purposes. If a scary man walks too close to her she'd chirp. If he talks to/comes in contact with her the siren wails. Also my keychain will indicate her status at all times and chirp when she's in trouble. I think it's a good plan. And she can have the bright blue LED light that now flashes on my dash (warning that there's an alarm) put on her forehead or something. Kinda like a bindi, but Rave-tastic.

5 comments:

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Yeah, good. You kick Ro and want to install a security system on her so no other man* can talk to her. I was wondering how you continually manage to have hot girlfriends. Turns out it's a combination of physical intimidation followed by smothering overprotection. Illuminating.

*Yeah, I know you said "scary men," but you're a hacker. You could very easily change the source code to read "all other men." That's just the kind of jerk thing you'd do.

Anyway, the car thing sounds pretty rad.

Josh said...

Ahh, yes, kicking, almost as effective as ghostriding your bike into a ditch. I find that making the Bub-BOOB sound vocally is almost as gratifing.
Not really.

Anonymous said...

Rob, you already broke your New Years Resolution...no post Wednesday, that didn't take you long!

Yah, kicking is a good thing, but don't kick Ro!

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Rob Master Of The Universe can't you do anything right besides kicking Ro? That is not nice

Freemama

Scott said...

I always wondered what a person with an actual third eye in that location would do. I've come to the conclusion that they would wear an eye covering red contact. Because not only do they have a third eye, they want to draw attention to it.

Anyway, nice car thing. I want one like it, but it has to be a wristwatch unit. And the car has to talk. And it has to call me Michael Knight. I think you can get a kit like that. But it comes from Germany and speaks in the voice of David Hasselhoff... in German.

Oh well. I'm still getting it.

- Scott

P.S. Clicking to add another comment I deleted the last one. So this one says the same thing, except for this which is different.