Monday, January 23, 2006

Some solid reading material.

So I've got classes again. Tuesday is my Reading Class... That's what we do apparently from the syllabus, we read - a lot. I'm sure there are tests and papers in there as well. But I have to read everything from "Parties, Politics, and Public Policy in America" and "Interest Groups in American Campaigns" to an analysis of "What's the Matter with Kansas?" LOTS OF READING. My Thursday class is actually a Math Class (well statistics actually) and I haven't taken a math class in YEARS. Frankly I'm kind of looking forward to it. I understand Math. You don't write papers in Math.

Since I figured I had some spare time coming up I also qualified for a ton of free magazine subscriptions. All I had to do was punch Osama in the face in a pop up winner and I apparently was selected to win! Alright, so it wasn't really a pop up, but not far from. I completed a survey for a product I bought and they, in return gave me free magazine subscriptions for a year, and then I filled out like 3 more random surveys and got more magazines. Now I'm getting a TON of magazines sent to my apartment and it's awesome. I got Time a few days ago, and PC World Today. Oh and I got Maxim sent here the other day as well. I believe I've got about 3 more subscriptions coming, it's awesome. Its like having friends... except they're going to want money from me.

No, wait. Its still just like friends.

8 comments:

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Seriously, what IS the matter with Kansas?

I hope you can tell me soon. And in as few words as possible.

Anonymous said...

Yah Math! I love math. Always a right and wrong answer, NEVER a gray area. Math is awesome. Paper suck!

Tabitha

Josh said...

Never a gray area? I love math as much as the next guy, just as long as the next guy has a calculator.
When math approaches "imaginary numbers" as a scientific term. That's what I define as gray area.

Scott said...

I LIVE in the grey area. It's my favorite. I love constructing and deconstructing literature. I can always suss out some hidden meaning. It's pretty impressive. Especially the modern stuff I'm better versed in. If I can pick out a particularly obscure allusion, real or imagined, that's like +20 points on my paper right there. In short, I hate math. Stupid answers not depending on my ability to creatively describe them...

- Scott

C_thegreat said...

Dude, the "What's the matter with Kansas?" Guy was just at my school.

Sadly, I can't offer any insights, because I couldn't (or just didn't? I don't remember...) go

I get to read poetry for school, take that! My life rocks. Well, since you're a politics major (right?) hopefully it'll be more enjoyable than it sounds.

~c

Anonymous said...

Math is the work of the devil.

Breyn

Anonymous said...

Have you filled out your application for ITI yet?

Breyn

Anonymous said...

OK Scott. So you only do well when you can bullshit your way through things. That's exactly why I love math, it shows what you REALLY know instead of what you can pull out your butt!

Rob, ITI app was mailed to your house in Jerseyville because you haven't given us a new address yet! You can get a copy online though. Better hurry, those PALS spots go pretty quickly!

Tabitha