Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Making Myself Valuable

So I'm at it again. At Best Buy our Customer Orders were all in a mess and the paperwork was all over the place and order were being lost and no one knew what they were doing... so I figured it out. I figured it all out on my own and am creating my own system for doing it. Its what I do. I find an important process and make it so that I'm the only one who knows what the hecks going on, and I make sure that all the important people are aware that I fixed it and I'm the only one who can do it right. For the rest of my time at the company I use that as leverage and make it so that they need me. I'm so good at this it hurts.

Also I was able to shine for a manager the other day when a customer (early 20's gamer college student) had some techy questions reguarding a "gaming mouse" and some other nonsense. I was able to answer all of his ridiculously specific questions from memory, seeing that I had just shopped for my own a few months ago. My manager watched as I sent him off happily with the most expensive mouse we had, and he even thanked me for it. It was, by the way, the same one I got... for much cheaper (thank goodness for employee discounts). Manager said: "Damn, why aren't you on the Geek Squad." I smiled and said "I can't stand Fred." Fred's the supervisor over there and he's a troll. I really do hate him (as does most of my department) and I've been wanted to tell someone that for a while now. I said it with a big smile so it could have almost been like I was joking... but in the end, you knew I wasn't.

Alright, I'm done gloating. But those were my quick Best Buy Stories for you. Just wanted to bring you up to speed with what was going on there. I've got tomorrow off so I'm sure I'll have some more interesting things to post about tomorrow night. Later!

5 comments:

Josh said...

Really Ro, is posting that crucial to you? Because I know that I'm never hurt when no one comments on my blog, ever. sniff...

Rob you should be on Geek Squad. But the point is, where would you go from there? Is there any higher to climb at the Buy?

Josh said...

Hey, to make it up, I'm posting again. Happy Louis Braille's Birthday. The Google homepage celebrates it on its homepage. Check it out.

Anonymous said...

What a way to bring in the new year with wind, lighting, rain and loud sirens. It was the same in my neighborhood. I think the sirens might have went off twice. Nobody in my house heard them but me and I put the covers over my head and went back to sleep.

Freemama

Anonymous said...

Is that 'shine' like a just scrubbed face or 'shine' like you were caught with your pants down? Of course you were able to answer the ridiculous questions because you asked them first! Actually, we miss you Rob and so does Al who never made a mistake and said you did!
KISS, KISS.......LOVE YOU, MEAN IT!
C & G from B_ _ _

Anonymous said...

Rob your just such an awesome lil best buy employee...one day you'll own the company.

Breyn