Tuesday, January 17, 2006

In Lieu of Real Foreigners

We're just going to have to make due with what we got. Yesterdays post was via Ro's request. A request she made nearly daily for me to call out these people from the other side of the globe. But, none of those responded, so much like when the Chinese Resturant at the mall hires Latinos... we go for "close enough."

Scott Smith is the Winner!!! That's right, all the way from Elgin Illinois, currently attending Illinois State and dating my sister... The man with the Least Foreign name I could dream up, Scott Smith has won a free blog promo!

Scooter Does It, is a quirky blog updated about once a week. But he also provides for some interesting random thoughts such as "When someone asks me what's its all about, I enjoy telling them: You do the Hokey Pokey and turn yourself around. That's what its all about." Scott is a Tall, Left-Handed, Blue Eyed hunk of manly love who really enjoys The Matrix. Actually, I think it may border on unhealthy. One time he stumbled across his grandpa's heart medicine and took the whole bottle just because they were red pills.

Anyways, a second site everyone needs to click on and comment on is Jamie's. That's right. My sister's blog. Everyone comment, it'll be fun. Ro, you can be excited... yours is way better than Jamie's.

Oh yeah, I didn't spend anything today. Doing pretty well.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rob. I would like to take this time to thank all the people that were the Oompa loompas in WIlly Wanka and the Chocolate Factory, who probebly worked also as Ewoks twelve years later. Those guys are great. Little people matter too.
Carry on.
Scott S. (not to be confused again with Scott G., again)

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog! Scott only made it so i can post on his...sorry for the hope of that. Besides, i could never keep up on such a thing... ;p Jamie

Anonymous said...

Looks like a scene from the program the Office or one of the those commercials where the person is either frustrated with their computer or they just one the Lottery.

Freemama

Anonymous said...

Rob, sorry I haven't posted but once this year. I told you, my computer wouldn't let me get pop-ups, it was messy. I had to delete a whole bunch of security features JUST to comment on your blog! Besides, I'm ACTUALLY working now. I have 18,000 ITI applications to mail out! Not an easy job! I check your blog, just don't post. Sorry.

Keep being a penny pincher. You'll be OK. Aldi's is where to shop!

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Hey where is my shout out?!? I've been an avid reader and poster to this darn blog since it's been up and running...where's the credit for that?

I just give and give and give and get nothing in return.

Breyn ;)

Anonymous said...

Rob, I have commented before (once), but I am a faithful reader all the way from Omaha, NE (insert midwestern cow-riding joke here). I was checking it while I was doing a rotation in Texas, but now I'm back in Nebraska...faithfully reading. Where's my shout-out?
Grade A(my) Woman

Anonymous said...

Hey! I read your blog when I was in India!!! Sorry I never posted, I never have anything creative to say. Hope all is well. Good luck with grad school.
Zin

Rob said...

Ro, your absolutly right. I mean, you were posting all the way from Darien! Most of the population of this planet has NEVER EVEN HEARD of Darien. Everyone knows where India is! I mean, lets go for originality here people.

Oh wait, were we talking about India? All this time I was reading/typing India, but thinking "Indiana." Cause seriously.... who likes Indiana? That's almost as bad as Iowa.