Friday, January 13, 2006

When is a nap, not a nap?

Some may say when it is more than four hours long. Like from 4 pm to 8:15 pm this evening. Now I'm not one to judge, expecially myself, but that's a bit much in my opinion to be considered a "nap." I think naps are supposed to be less than an hour, a power nap I believe is about 20 minutes. you may be able to get by with a 2 hour nap, but more than 4? I'm not sure what it is that I've done.

Remember those red/blue pads that everyone sleeps on in Kindergarten? I've always said that we should make use of those in professional working environments, its a joke I make at least twice at every job I work at.... it just always comes up. Well, looks like I'm not the only one who feels that way, CHECK THIS OUT!!! Its awesome. I'd sure use it.


Also since apparently I've screwed up my "Posting Everyday" new years resolution (by the way since we're keeping track... thats the first comment from Tabitha this year... hmmm) I'm going to clue you into a different resolution. Its my I'm ridiculously broke and need to be super cheap until I dent my credit card bill. So my solution? I'm going to tell the world every cent I spend (with the exception of bills, because those are fixed). That should help me not spend money.

Today I spent $3.00 on lunch at Shop n Save (going to have to switch back to PB&J for lunches) and spent $13.70 on Milk, Bread and Frozen Chicken Breasts. I'm going to consider today a heavy spending day. We should be lighter from now on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all for naps! One of the best things about collage...go to class...take a nap. It was great and I'm sure it made me smarter for it :)

If employers were smart they would let employees have "nap" breaks, people would be so much more relaxed and happy. I guess I can't complain since I can tak a nap pretty much whenever at my current job :) and on something more comfy then those metronap thingys. (I'd be hesitant to use a public one of those...but neat idea...I saw you could open up your own franchise, you should go for that Rob).

Breyn

Good luck on the money watching...you should check out Aldi's for groceries...super super cheap.

Anonymous said...

Ro~
No you don't need a membership to Aldi's, it's just a little grocery store...they sell some name brand stuff but most of it is their brand and so it's super super cheap. It's a good deal if you aren't one of those people (like my husband) who will only eat name brand food. There is one right by Rob's apartment next to Buffet City.

I really like the "snap" idea. :)

Breyn

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Oh snap! I'm taking a snap!

Adorable.

C_thegreat said...

The great Mall of America just got a "nap" store. You buy your minutes of napdom. It looks pretty sweet, especially when I was on a work break. However, kiosks don't make any money when they are closed, so I had to go back to work. Boo.
I guess it's catching on like wildfire.

~c