Monday, January 02, 2006

HAPPY DAY AFTER NEW YEARS!!!


Alright, so one of my New Years Resolutions is to not miss a weekday posting... So far so good. Man I wish I had gotten some pictures, but wishing doesn't change the fact that I didn't. I spent New Years with Ro, which was amazing (don't know if I've ever told you this, but my girlfriend is amazing.)

Basically our New Years Plans was to spend it with Ro's family. We had intended on using the morning to go Ice Skating, but our decision to bake an apple pie for the New Years Party ended up taking all day long. The Pie was excellent.


We went with Ro's Dad to a Filipino party where some karokee was sang and there was A LOT of food. And not only large in overall amount, but large in Dish size, for example the Roasted Pig that took up one end of the table. I wanted a picture of it, but we had car trouble on the way there and it was pretty much obliterated before we got there.

It's called Lechon (lay-CHon).





Doubt I've ever mentioned this on the blog,
but some of you may be aware of my eating problem. And that problem is that I can't eat things that look like the animal still. Luckily for me, I had Ro (or Anne) cut my food for me while I preoccupied myself with the rest of the table and one I got my plate back, all I saw were a few slabs of pork and it was DELICIOUS! This eating problem is the same reason I don't eat those little hens/chickens or lobster/fish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well rob, now that you are back in springfield and i'm further than hitting distance away...

heres a little story about the karaoke experience. After much urging and to the dismay of rob, i got him to look through the book and sing ro and i a little song. Yes, folks, he chose "Part of your world" from the little mermaid. it was a moving experience. yet he scored a 64. (your s'pose to get 100!) rob was a little less than happy.

but, even before that, rob and i sang, yes folks, "A whole new world" from aladdin. and as a combined force of two people who are and have been trained in the vocal area... recieved a 34. i was a little less than happy too.

there it is. the karaoke story and the machine that does give room for artistic flexibility. despite what that darned machine says, rob, you can always be a part of my world, even if you score a 64.

Rob said...

I damn well deserved better than a 64. I can sing "Part of Your World" better than that fish chick herself.

"Look at this stuff, isn't it neat??...."