Friday, January 06, 2006

Laptop Shopping

So, I don't buy things for people at Best Buy. They look very poorly upon that sort of thing... and by "poorly" I mean "they press charges." But I do seize every opportunity I can to help out, expecially my girlfriend. Like the fact that Ro wants a basic laptop. You see, the semester after next she'll spend half the week at a dorm in Jacksonville School for the Visually Impaired, and the other half at ISU. Also her camps and such over the summer. Also She HATES moving her computer at the end of each sememster. But I wouldn't buy her a laptop with my discount because its easier when I don't make exceptions for people. But I have been keeping an eye out.

We got a new manager today in the computer department. Turns out we have like $100,000 in items that we shouldn't really have anymore (aka "old"). So he's getting rid of everything so we can have a fresh start. He's really cut a lot of prices low, for example a $450 laptop. There is only one, and it is an open/display item. I open tomorrow and I'm hidding that price tag. Ro has until 5:00 to decide if she wants that laptop or not. Best Buy is going to be pissed because I'm not getting any services or extended warrenties or anything... The Buy is going to lose a chunk of money on this deal, but hey, its totally legal.

And I have to be at work at a quarter till 9 tomorrow. I'm sleepy.


One final thing, in the vain of painful child performers, I bring you this.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Fine, you tell everyone you know that my blog is now the closest thing to open-source. And by that we mean, there's no word verifacation.

Anonymous said...

Rob aren't you so ethical (that or genuinely have a fear of going to prison...I don't think you'd make it on the "inside").

$450 is a good deal on a laptop. I say go for it Ro! We got just a basic laptop during the Thanksgiving doorbusters (it was like $385 or something) and it is nice just for basic things like surfing the net, typing papers and what not. Now we can further our laziness and not actually have to get up from the couch and sit at a desk to get online. :)

Breyn

Soo Rob, in that $100,000 worth of old stuff there wasn't by any chance a Dyson Animal that they want to sell me for some ridiculously low price? :)

kimberlyb1974 said...

Oooh! Let's all post our embarrassing show choir videos!!

A coffee "thingy" sounds hot.

Rubber band ball update: it is now large enough to be used as lumbar support for these cheap-ass chairs they force us to still sit in. See? I knew it would come in super-handy....