Tuesday, January 18, 2005

"GOOGLE IS GOING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!"

I've been saying that for quite some time now. Google is putting its fingers into everything, and one day is just going to make its grab and take this world by storm. Desktop searching and Google Compute, where you donate your computer to help medical research while you're not using it. This Blog is hosted by Google!!! Most wouldn't even know it was coming. Back when they released gmail, that's when I first suspected it. They've also got "Froogle" (like Frugal, get it?) for online shopping. But this next one is the kicker... for anyone who hasn't already heard: YOU CAN GOOGLE FROM YOUR CELL PHONE!!! Via a text message you can get local chinese resturants... type: [zipcode] Chinese. You can get definations... type: define totalitarian. Get the lowest online price for a product... type: price iPod 40GB. Its ridiculous. Phase III is gonna be implanting chips in everyone's brain for "faster searching" and then it's all over... Hmmmm... wouldn't mind a job there at all... If only someone I knew, knew someone at google and could get me in...

New Recurring Section: Napoleon Dynamite quote of the day. No need for everyone else to post their own quotes, we all know that everyone can run through 95% of the movie start to finish, this is just for personal reflection. And what better way to start this off than with the first two lines of the movie.
Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?
Napoleon: Whatever I feel like I wanna do, gosh!


Wendyloo Peterson. What are we gonna do with you. Come on, be straight with us... are you a regular? If so, I need to know these things. How am I supposed to cater to my audience needs, when I don't even know who that audience is? Its ok to admit that you are... Hardly the first woman to become completely overwhelmed by my irresistable charm. There's actually even a place you can go for "help." Or at least just to be with others like you. Ro can give you the details.

Chose your own adventure books.... awesome. Although I after going through it a few times, I'd damn near read the book straight through, just so I could get all the adventures I could out of it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE choose your own adventure books. I remember reading those books like 5 times just to get all the possible scenarios. I think I'm going to go to the library and clean them out of all their Choose Your Own Adventure Books.
And yes, anyone who is obsessed with Rob can ask me for information on his fan club. We have weekly meetings where we discuss all things Rob, sometimes they can last about 3 or 4 hours, it gets pretty intense.

~Ro

Anonymous said...

Sub-Award: Most Annoying Reader of Choose Your Own Adventure Books.....Tim Ryder. I'm not sure where this personality quirk came through, but he would page through his adventure and hold roughly twelve different places in the book while reading through just one adventure, just to make sure he could knock out the complete use of the book in about 20 min. Ask Tim, he'll tell you the same thing. I don't know where I was at this point, I'm pretty sure that I was really busy with legos.
-josh

The Melan'jack said...

I'll agree to be a regular if I don't get stuck bringing the paper goods to your Rob's Anonymous Club. Nobody wants to bring home paper goods at the end of the party.

Does this mean I have to read from home too, or can I continue to be a work day regular, sneaking a peek into Rob's office when noone in mine is looking?

Anonymous said...

Just this weekend I heard of Google on my cell.. I am amazed! But then really I shouldn't be with technology as fast today I believe Rob may be right and PJ would be an excellent choice for Google.
Choose your own adventure books totally consumed Rob, I couldn't buy enough and the library didn't have enough. I think we may still have some in the attic....
Rob's club? Ro, we need to talk, really your a bright, intelligent girl, maybe you should get away from Rob now while your still young enough to recover from his mind twisting hold he has on you and about the bra????????????
Later Mom French

Scott said...

I would always get into an adventure book and see something I liked on the page opposite to mine. It's usually some strange choice that leads to an awesome outcome. Completely illogical, so I never picked it. But then when I would notice a snippet of that adventure I'd always want to get in on it. Invariably I would spend 20 minutes looking through the pages trying to find the one that says GOTO Page 45. But never finding it.

I think I got some bargain bin adventure novels with pages missing or something. What a ripoff. Pfft. Although your suspicion of Google taking over is pretty accurate. They're already reading my emails and have control of the best blogs on the interweb. Spooky, that's what that is. But hey, if I met google in real life "i'd do her O_o"

- Scott

Anonymous said...

If I've said it once, I've said it a couple times...I gotta get MYSELF a job at Google first, THEN (maybe) I'll ask Larry to find a place for you in their mailroom or something. What a nag...gosh!

The Keeper of the Diamond Bra~

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Yes, I grudgingly corroborate Josh's story. I'm a lame-o, save the place, jelly spined Choose Your Own Adventure reader. I was just trying to get the most out of the book. Apparently, some Lego-obsessed brothers consider that cheating. I just consider it awesome.