Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Terrorist TV

Because Scotty put up such an insightful post on his blog, I decided to write my suppliment. Here's my idea for helping to bridge international gaps, help tsunami victims, aiding that infamous "War on Terror", and entertaining millions. Are you ready for this? Of course not, that's how revolutionary it is, but I'm giving it to you reguardless.

Finding Osama
Television's newest Reality TV show! Teams from all across the world race to be the first to Capture/Kill Osama bin Laden. Each country forms teams of elitists which will be followed by video cameras to document the entire escapade moment to moment, drama by drama. As per all reality TV shows, the teams will be required to perpetuate the stereotype of thier homeland, we want teams of Rednecks, African Tribes, Militants, and ninjas pitted against eachother in a race against the clock for the obligitory $100,000 Prize! What our contestants don't know is that it's not $100,000 but $50 Million (that's the actual reward offered by the US I believe). Anyways, it'll be awesome. Not since the olymics golden years will so many different countries be engaged in such friendly competion. Half of revenue occured for the show will go to Tsunami wrecked Asia and the other half to the ravaged Iraq. Man I'm good.

Like I had said, this was brought about by Scott's blog. You can check out his related work here.

Moment of Clarity
This may be a, not often, but sometimes reoccuring segment on my blog for times I need to use my soap box and offer some insightful information. Today it's on the the word "jihad." Americans should stop using that word. Jihad means doing something with God in mind - a day to day "struggle". "War" is the least of it's meanings. When they hear on American TV that they are performing a jihad, it only re-enforces the f'ed up idea in not only Americans minds, but the minds of potential terrorists everywhere. Don't support terrorism. Don't support ignorance. Stop listening to terrorists when they claim they're representing Islam. There are an estimated 1.5 billion Muslims in the world today. If it really was as many ignorant people claim, we'd all be screwed.

Crap People Sent Me
I am endorsing NONE of these sites. I haven't even looked at them more than to get a general idea of the "information" they provide. Like I said, this is crap I get sent. Check it out if you're bored just to re-enforce the fact there are still many wackos amoung us. Would I think it would be awsome if some of this consipircy stuff was true and be proven without a doubt, of course I would. The actual chances of that.... we'll say below a 1.3% chance. Like I said, only if you're really bored.

Police State :: 9/11
Prison Planet :: Anti-War
Sierra Times :: News
Give Me Liberty :: More like... Give Me Money
Federal Observer :: "A Voice of Truth - For Amercia"

7 comments:

Scott said...

Good article, I think that the team of ninjas versus the team of rednecks would be worth watching. I'd also like to see a Russian team in the desert with those Russian hats of theirs. Can't stand the heat eh commrade?

I also like that you want to give the money accrued to the tsunami victims. This is a way better idea than Tsunami Aid, which is going to suck. But people will grit their teeth and pretend they're alright with it because its for a good cause.

I hope it gets made, but let's shoot for NBC on this one. Because really, if it's on ABC they won't kill him, if it's on FOX they'll include the obligatory "when camels attack" segment, and if it's on CBS no one will watch it.

A good post, backed with a good idea? Nice work, now it's Milla Time.

- Scott

P.S. Thanks for the link. Feel free to comment on my work people.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I hate reality TV...but that would be one I actually watch! You're so creative! Send that one in to NBC!

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Blah, Blah, Rob's sooo creative. You're never going to make it Rob, you'll never amount to anything.
(Editor's note: For some time, I've had my own theory on fame and fortune, developed by my frontal lobes, augmented by VH1's Behind the Music. My theory is, for every breakway star, every longshot hopeful, there is one person in their life that told them that they were never going to make it. Therefore, I've taken on that mantle of responsibility, ergo ensuring fame and fortune, and if you play everything right, a slot on the Surreal Life telling you that everything is, in face, over. Rob, this is just your vindicitaion that you can soon expect your music career to take off. You're welcome. Please notice that I am selling this service to all interested in fame and fortune. Contact me on this blog's response page.)
-josh

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Speaking of Josh, I believe he's got a great idea for a show of his own. Shall I remind you...

"This is Josh Ryder from MTV's 'Are You Experienced?' ARE YOU EXPERIENCED?!"

"Uh...no."

"OKAY!" *click*

Now THAT would be a great TV show. And the two people who know that story should agree.

By the way Josh, in regards to your new career telling people they're not going to make it: you're never going to make it.

Rob said...

I can only assume you're refering to the one where guys come busting in on a classroom and break out into song (I forget if that's if they are or aren't experienced). With reguards to Tim's reguards reguarding Josh's new career choice... I think he's totally got a shot.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

You got it, man. After the song and dance, then and ONLY THEN will they be experienced. Heck of a show, that would be. Heck of a show.

Anonymous said...

Too much seriousness...time to get back to the rubber chicken.

~Begeezus