Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Tying Up Loose Ends.

Napoleon: Stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip.
Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Napoleon: Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time.
Kip: Try and hit me, Napoleon.
Napoleon: What?
Kip: I said come down here and see what happens if you try and hit me.

Alright wanted to get that out of the way first. Now on to a few things I needed to follow up on. First off, my report on Google. To help re-emphasize my point, there have been two articles brought to my attention since my post yesterday. One being Google's push on it's new Picasa Photo Editing/Organizing Program. The other is their new pursuit of being one of the first to ultalize the massive fiber-optic network that has been laid in the US, but isn't being put to use yet. So yeah, Google is taking over the world. Jen, get me a job there.

Next on the agenda is a little poster I like to call, WendyLoo. Now since she's been semi-secretly stalking me for some time, I want to give everyone a chance to get to know her a little better. True, it seems almost like an interview is in order, but my interviews are best given in real time, so that poses a major problem. The other best way to give you a glimpse into this 26-year old wonder from Boston, is through her own website. I had to admit, it wasn't bad (I mean it's better than Scott's). Sorry to tell her that I really just can't commit to yet another blog full time, but I may swing by now and again. Here's a highlight from a few days ago:

Discoveries and Realizations:

1) Too much coffee, too little food=shakey hands and irritable Wendy.

2) Too many news articles begin with the phrase, "In the wake of..." and it's annoying.

3) Much like the Women's Movement, the Civil Rights Movement started earlier and succeeded quicker in Britain than in the U.S.

4) Sometimes the articles published in newspapers are slightly different than the same article published online.

5) People are really upset about the "generosity" thing and I think they need to get over it. Donate or don't donate and then shut up about it. Shouldn't those people be more interested in what Britney's doing?

6) Caricatures of politicians are often eerily accurate.

7) Caricature does not have an H in it.

8) There is no Social Security crisis but there is a serious Bush Makes Shit Up crisis.

9) I should wear two pairs of pants on 7 degree days because even though my mom claims that extra fat on one's body keeps them warm, my thighs were still wicked fucking cold this morning. My ass, however, was not... I choose to believe that this is because my coat hangs over my ass but I realize this might not be true.

10) It is better to give someone a fake number and feel guilty about it than to fear the stalker that calls 6 times in a row Friday night and then leaves a desperate pathetic message on Saturday about how YOU wanted them to call and YOU are a bad person even though they actually asked for your number and you gave it over reluctantly, hoping he wasn't a scary stalker man, because he seemed kinda nice. Fake name, fake number. Must remember this.

11) Cheez-its are made with skim milk.


So there you have it, a random glimpse into the mind of Miss WendyLoo. Maybe we can all become a little better aquainted now. And it looks like today I got away with not making up any of my own material... I am awesome. Later!

11 comments:

Scott said...

"Better than Scott's anyway" That depends on which one you mean. In any case "Damn you FRENCH!" I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep and I swear on EverQuest that your mother will CRY when she ses what I've done to you.

All threats of damnation aside, I am seriously looking into each of our blogging styles (Yours, Tim's, Mine) and stealing the things I like best. For instance, I like that Tim will not post for ages then come back with a flurry of posts no one expected or could predict. I like that you put crap out everyday, working under the theory that if you sort through enough turds, you're bound to find fertilizer. And I like...everything about my blog. Except the lack of comments. Maybe a few less than epic lengthed posts will cure that. Who knows?

So I think I'll just take all those traits and blend them, like a blog quisenart and see what comes out.

- Scott

P.S. I went out and bought Super Smash Ho's, I'm currently cross training. Just wait...next time French....NEXT TIIIIIMMMMMMMMME

Anonymous said...

You're stalking her, you really are. It's undeniable, and I know I'm not the only one who sees this. The bulk of your post was taken from her website. I think you need to calm down with this new obsession, before you hurt somebody. WendyLoo... you might want to run away, as fast as humanly possible. Don't look back, just keep running.

~Ro

Rob said...

Since everything is underscored in my head... I thought I'd share this part of the movie in my mind soundtrack with you. As Rob (the character in this story... not me personally of course) is watching WendyLoo, This is what's playing in the background... a little song by "The Police"

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I’ll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I’ll be watching you

Oh, can’t you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches
With every step you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I’ll be watching you

The Melan'jack said...

You know, that's dedication. I mean it. So few people stalk outside windows these days and usually, it's celebrity windows. I'm flattered, really.

Rob, you can stand outside my window any time you want especially since I'm on the second floor and that would be impressive to see. Try to get one of those Mission:Impossible gadgets where you can hang by a harness. That would be cool.

Scott said...

Come now Rob, standing in the bushes? Let me introduce you to the 21st century. 21C, this is Rob. Rob, this is the 21st Century, (he prefers 21C because he's from 'tha street'). Now that you two are aquainted, let me introduce you to my...err some...stalker gear.

First of all, who has time to stand in the bushes? That's not the bush you're interested in is it? I thought not. Hence; motion activated spy cams. Get the cable guy or her little brother to install them.

Secondly, since watching a live feed is not much better than the bushes, get a Tivo ready system. That way it's digitally recorded and you don't have to worry about wearing out the tape.

Thirdly, enjoy being creepy. I know I do.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

ROB....i am completely amazed by you and i cant stop thinking about you. I have spent endless nights outside your window hoping to catch just the smallest glimpse of you ;)

Anonymous said...

ROB....i am completely amazed by you and i cant stop thinking about you. I have spent endless nights outside your window hoping to catch just the smallest glimpse of you ;)

Eyes4you

The Melan'jack said...

Erm... I think I prefer Rob's melodramatic, musically-enhanced, noninvasive stalking to Scott's creepy SpyKids meet Children of the Corn style. Or so I imagine it.

Stick with the melodrama. And give it a soundtrack to make it snazzy.

Scott said...

Trust me WendyLoo. If I were worried about what the girl (ie. you) was into, that's probably the route I'd go in the imaginary stalking business. I was speaking strictly from the perspective of a man who likes to be as leisurely as possible when commiting felonies.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

Hey! You can call me chicken little woman I'm not going to even try or think about trying stalk mr. Rob he does know tae kwon do I don't want him or Ro to do a Jet Li move on me. (he's the man)

Freemama

Anonymous said...

Creepy song, yes. Now it appears Rob has someone stalking him. I don't think he's really stalking Wendyloo. He's just a curious kinda guy. Nice to meet you Wendyloo.

Anyway, about tying up loose ends. Yesterday while we were opening mail, Rob kept yanking up his pants. I asked him why he bought his clothes so large and he replied they were more comfortable that way, plus he could carry about 2 purses worth of crap in his pockets.
I told him he needed a belt and in Rob fashion he made one...duck tape and fold back binder clips. Do they make duck tape in more colors than silver? If so, I think he could market it...flexible, durable and functional, not to mention cheap. That was the highlight of my day. I really need a life.

-QB