Thursday, January 13, 2005

MY JOB IS AWESOME!

Alright that was scarcasim. But here's what brought that on. I turned in my notice 3 days ago. Keystone called "The Power" and informed them of that. Since then however, The Power has yet to say a word to me. I find this, nothing short of, hilarious. No acknowledgement. No asking why. Nothing. This is unusual for it to go so long without talking to me, but I guess it could just be happenschance. That was until today. It was payday and The Power normally walks around and hands us all our checks. And she did that... to everyone except Rene and I. We were in the mailroom (10 feet away), and when we came back to our desks, our checks were sitting on our computers. I laughed. A lot. It's like Jr. High here. ANYWAYS....

I looked into a job today: "Make a difference! Jobs for Social Justice!" blah blah blah. I was like, "interesting." So I called, and yeah, I found out that it was to be a canvasser. More or less a door to door solicitor of some ecogolgy stuff. Boo. I shot that one down real quick. Thanks to a heads up from Jen (who warned me thats what it could be) I was able to extract the info out of him quite quickly. But I'm still looking. I've got some people in mind that I want to ask advice from... we'll see.

As a prep for tomorrow's post. I want to hear your opinions on these song lyrics. I want you to tell me what you think about the lyrics and what they say about the person and how you feel towards that person. No Googling, I don't want to ruin any suprises. At least no googling until after you've expressed how you feel:

I've been alive forever, and I wrote the very first song
I put the words and the melodies together
I am music and I write the songs
CHORUS
I write the songs that make the whole world sing
I write the songs of love and special things
I write the songs that make the young girls cry
I write the songs, I write the songs
That's all for now. Remember, I AM The Blog King. And I write these posts.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon, "I write the songs that make young girls cry"? A little egotisticial, how about starting smaller? Let's take on the whole world tomorrow, how about just gaining a foothold today? Like "I wrote a song that was chiefly to blame for the whole Berlin Wall thing", or "My songs make quite a lot of people misty-eyed, not just my family." I think these claims should be laid down and accepted before claiming the whole world.
But hey, it's just me, I only have a multimillion dollar recording contract with a major label. Big Deal.
-josh

Anonymous said...

That may have been redone, but I know that is an OLD song that I use to hear on the oldies station here in Springfield. I think they guy is an ego maniac...but that's just my opinion.

Rob...I sent you an e-mail about ITI and have yet to hear from you....you're slacking...way slacking....

Good luck on finding a job! My hubby has put in a "transfer request" kind of thing with the army to go to Alaska for three years. Not just him...all three of us. He will be guarding the Star Wars Missle Defense station...he's looked for non-military jobs, but this one looks promising...the thought of job searching doesn't sound fun...I'm glad it's you and not me!

Tabitha

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

MWAHAHA! Prepare for spaminnation!!!!1111!!!11!!!onewoneleven11!

Rob said...

Hey You. Spamination-Child. I will destroy you. That simple.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Hope you wanted to hear a billion ways to increase your manhood, because you're about to. Enjoy that.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the song lyrics was, "I write the songs that irritate Hal Sparks," because I've outsourced all my pop culture recognition processes to VH1 clip shows.

And I don't care what contract you've got, Josh. You're never going to make it.

Anonymous said...

When I first read through the lyrics I imagined some light flity voice singing it, like Michael Jackson...but I guess it would be "I write the songs that make young boys cry" instead...so I guess I'll have to count him out.

Breyn

Scott said...

I tried writing songs once, only it turned out that I wrote the songs that the whole world laughed to, then immeadiately sued me over. Misogynistic my ass, she was supposed to be making me a sammich. Or alternately a pot pie.

Btw, I know it sounds bogus but check out mosnter.com. I've seen some people hook up with really interesting jorbs from there.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

Barry Manilow, wow... now what was the question? Mom

Anonymous said...

conceited, conceited.... obviously someone thinks VERY highly of themselves, as if anyone could write a song that can make the whole world sing.

~Ro

Anonymous said...

Got it Rob...thanks!

Tabitha

The Melan'jack said...

Leave poor Barry Manilow alone. Have you seen the man? He's got nothing else. Let him have the songs.

Rob said...

I'm so glad you all agree with me here. Post coming soon. And WendyLoo... haven't you been here before? If you're quazi-regular, we're all gonna have to get better acquainted with you.

Hi Mom.