Monday, January 17, 2005

This SO almost didn't happen today...

Yeah, you are all really lucky to get a post today. Today was almost a call off of work day. This weekend I made a very spur of the moment trip to Bloomington. We were at my uncle's house for a family birthday party and I was thinking, hmmm... it's an hour home, and only 2 and a half to Bloomington... what the hell. So I went straight to ISU to suprise Ro, and I think its safe to say she was suprised. We watched some movies (more on that in a minute) and went out to eat at Applebees with her brother and his girlfriend. And all was going so well, I really didn't feel like coming back. They all had Monday off, and were suprised I had to work. I, of course, didn't realize it was a holiday and couldn't figure out why it was so important I was there to do my job on said holiday. That and I was 150 miles away.... and I wasn't 100% sure I even had work... and I only had 2 weeks left. But, I'm sad to say, I had a co-worker's cell number and called him up to find out for sure and made the drive back to Jerseyville.

Now about those movies... I forgot "who" was in some of those 80's movies. Let's Recap: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Kristy Swanson who played Buffy, was Vanessa in Big Daddy (hooters... Hooters... HOOTERS!) and Donald Sutherland who played Merrick (the old guy) has been in more movies than you can shake a stick at ($1 to whomever can tell me where that saying came from). The Vampire Henchman is none other than Paul Reubens (PeeWee Herman!). Then there's Luke Perry, David Arquette and Hilary Swank who need no introductions. And one of my favorite actors, Stephen Root (Milton in Office Space and Gordon in Dodgeball), is the Highschool principal. Little known fact is that Ricki Lake (TV Talkshow host) had a spot in the movie, and EVEN BETTER THAN THAT... Ben Affleck was "Basketball Player #10."

Whew... See?! We also watched Wierd Science, but I think I've gone on about movies too long as is. Long story short, here I am at work. I really don't want to be here anymore but I need the $$. Today I found a present for Ro, I don't know what for, but I liked it so I'm gonna order it. I figure I'll just save it for when I forget our anniversary or something and I'll always seem prepared.

As a random news story, Trevor passed this my way this morning... Ridiculous.

And for anyone whom wants to donate $$ to the Tsunami Fund, just give it to me by the end of this month and I'll turn it in through work. American Water will match whatever I give. So I figure we can help people and screw my company at the same time! Just let me know if you want to give.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That link is disgusting... and yet I'm intrigued. That's ELEVEN whole pounds of food.... so gross. That little girl is going to be obese for the rest of her life... if she doesn't have a heart attack first.

And I had NO idea Pee Wee Herman is in that movie, thanks for starting to get me up to speed on this whole 80's movie thing... I missed out on an entire decade of great movies.

~Ro

Hmmm... a present? It best be that diamond Victoria Secret bra. =P

Rob said...

I can only assume you're refering to Victoria's Secret's Heavenly '70s Fantasy bra, containing 2,900 diamonds set in 10-karat white gold, adding up to 112 carats of luxurious lift and support. The $10 million creation is from jewelry designer Mouawad, and features a flawless 70-carat pear-shaped diamond in the center. In which case my answer is: HELL NO.

Anonymous said...

Why would a guy want to buy a girl he's dating a bra. Sure, some look pretty fuckin hot, but in the end, it's just another obstacle.

*ducks*

Trevor
Romantic Extrordinaire

Scott said...

Best part of the story: in the comments below about 4 or 5 comments down a guy writes "i'd do her" Classic. I'm guessing she subscribes to the 'belt of fat' theory on professional eating. That if you're a very thin person you can eat more than a lard-o because their fat constricts the stomach.

However, the article neglects to mention the 2 and a half hour purge fest she had right after. Then she went to Hollywood and was promptly offered a commercial deal.

On the issue of jewel encrusted brassires, I have to agree. Re-friggin-diculous. Just because you say you're so cold you could cut diamonds, doesn't mean we're going to buy you some to prove it. So give it up.

Anonymous said...

But that bra is 112 carats of luxurious lift and support. Lift AND support... not only is it extravagant, it's also functional. And although a bra may only be an obstacle... I would look good in it. Diamonds just look good on my skin. I should make a whole outfit out of diamonds. Though it really isn't necessary to prove that I can be cold enough to cut diamonds, that would be a cool trick. So the bra would be totally worth it.

~Ro

Anonymous said...

ROBBIE ROB ROB!!!!!
As a personal friend of the Ro. I would have to say the Victoria Secret Bra would be a rather nice gift...not to mention if it has a couple of shinny things attached to it. Buffy is a good move by the way!!!! but i would have to say the tv show was kick ass.
anna

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Agreed. Buffy is one of the greatest television shows of all time. If you don't believe me, talk to the legions of scholars who publish papers with titles like "Metaphysics and the Buffyverse." You don't see Knots Landing inspire crap like that.

My favorite part of that article is the terribly stereotypical male response displayed in the comments section. Here are a few of my favorites, along with my comments.

"i’d do her O_O" - With an emoticon like that, how can she turn you down?

I’d do her if I werent so emo" - Poor deluded soul. Not only does he believe that emo and hooking up are mutually exclusive (Not true. One is almost necessary to inspire the other.), he also doesn't know the rule that if you SAY you're emo, you're automatically not emo. Fool.

"I can only imagine what other meat she swallows." - Brilliant. I hate my gender.

"Finally a girl who can take all six pounds of meat…" - posted by the dude with a tiny penis. Trust me.

"Dayum, if she eats like that imagine how she would cook for me" - Rob, was this you?

"dood id do her so hard she could eat my 6 pounder oh she’s my sister" - I don't even know what to say.

There's more, but it's too depressing. Besides, we're going out this weekend and I don't want this kind of talk getting around. I'm worried about dinner though - she'll probably order a beef shank and the head of a freaking dragon.

Anonymous said...

ROB....i quite honestly have to say that you are the sexiest man alive and i get all hot and bothered just thinking about you....wink wink!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Now that I think about it, the diamond bra may be a bit pricey, but how about a Cubic Zirconia bra? Genius, my friend, absolutely genius! Sometimes, I'm so good I oughtta be illegal.

Trevor

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, if only Ben Afflake could have just kept the "Basketball Player #10" roles instead of trying to be a big star...

I have the diamond bra, but my boobs are too big to wear it. I just have it hanging on my wall, waiting for the day I decide to exercise, or get plastic surgery, to fit in to it.

I've decided not to visit the site for fear of what I might find based on previous comments. You guys can fill me in later.

Rob, I'm not sure why you came in yesterday. I've accidentally on purpose driven out of my way to skip work. Oh wait, you were probably hoping one of TPTB would come and actually speak to you. Sorry 'bout that.

~Funky Chicken

PS - That diaper is oh, so cool.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I had no idea Ben Affleck was in Buffy. That was one of my favorite movies as a child...I haven't seen it in years, but I had NO idea!

Diamond Bra...sound really uncomfortable....and that's just too much money for something that would be on for only a couple of minutes.....

To the funky chicken....plastic surgery is wonderful! My boobs were too big and having them chopped in half was the BEST thing I have ever done. Complain about back, shoulder, and neck pain and insurance will pay for it!

Tabitha

The Melan'jack said...

I would like to have seen PeeWee Herman on the Buffy series.