Monday, January 24, 2005

the SIMple life

So, as you may have noticed, no post on Friday. That's 'cause I wasn't here. I was in Springfield visiting Josh, and Sat/Sun I was in Bloomington with the girlfriend and my sister. I spoke with Tom Ryder about possible job opportunities, seeing as that he's a lawyer turned State Representative turned lobbist, he knows a lot of people. Actually, it's his job to know people. But anyways, he gave me some leads on some places to start looking for employment. And here's what I've decided. Real world sucks. And I'm not just talking about the stupid MTV show either, that's another rant altogether.

Seriously, I've got this stack of Newspaper Classifieds (Chicago, Springfield AND St. Louis). I want to just have to pick one of like 10 fields with an entry level position readily available. I want to be able to go to that job the next day, and when I want a promotion, I just have to be clean, rested and happy. By studying up on whatever carrer path I've chosen I should quickly climb the corporate ladder. Once I get that foot in the door I will just have to make a few friends in high places, work out a bit and maybe paint a picture and I'll be more or less at the top in no time at all. Occasionally looking at myself in the mirror for hours on end would be good for me too...

Now if you don't mind me, My bladder meter is quite full and my hunger is in the red as well.
Work Sucks.

5 comments:

The Melan'jack said...

Don't forget to water your plants.

Anonymous said...

As long as you get the Elixer of Life, you won't have to worry about ANYTHING. And you better work on that hunger meter and your hygiene... you might start throwing a tantrum.

~Ro

Anonymous said...

Rob~

I should never post on your blog again! HOW COULD YOU! You came all the way to Springfield and didn't let Breyn or I know so we could all go have ponyshoes! SHAME ON YOU! I see how much your loyal bloggers mean to you!

Yes the real world sucks! Welcome to it! Try it when you have kids, and a mortgage! That sucks even worse...then you don't have the luxury of quitting your job before having another lined up!

Tabitha

Scott said...

Pfft, tell me about it. He didn't visit me when he was in Springfield either. I've known him almost 2 months! Feh, I see how it is.

Well my faux indignation meter is approaching the red/orange or maybe orange/red range so it's time for me to cyber storm off. Good day sir.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

Let's not forget who else was hurt in this matter of ungracious non-visiting on Rob's part! COSETTE! I mean come on Rob I thought you two had a bond going! She'll be very sad to hear you came all the way to Springfield and didn't even bother to stop by for a good tummy petting. =(

From now on you must inform us of any visiting on your part to Springfield, almost like having to pay a toll....as a matter of fact yes that's what it is..if you want to come to Springpatch then not only must you inform us...make your schedule available but pay a toll for us allowing you to visit or to at least make up for this last blunder of yours! (Tabby likes Skittles, I prefer Sour Punch Straws and Cosette of course would go for anything of the meat variety or peanut butter)

Breyn