Thursday, January 06, 2005

Winter Sucks

Ok, it's been decided. A moment while we tally the votes....

In Third Place: PJ!
In Second Place: Timmy Tapeworm!!
And the winner (with a total of ONE vote): RENE!!!
You shall have your interview come Monday.

On to more pressing issues. Winter sucks.
My car is a bit broken (the needed part will be in on Monday) and I can no longer use my vent selector for the AC/Heater. This is a fairly large problem when I need to defrost my windshield. In the meantime I'm using a piece of paper to direct the heat from my vent to my windshield, and that's ghetto. Also my car doors were frozen today. I couldn't get my driver's side open, and I barely got the passenger side. Now visualize this... Me trying to get my doors open, and then crawling across my seats to ram my shoulder into the drivers side door from the inside to open it. Now remember to imagine that scene with me in my leg immobilizer cast thing. Yeah, I'm glad no one was there to see it for real.

Put that in with the fact that I hate the cold in general... yeah I was pretty anti-winter this morning. I'm a bit winter bitter. And with that, I want to hear some other peoples favorite anti-snow, bad winter stories... I know you've gotta have something. 'tis the season of giving, after all. And speaking of which, for those of you who don't check Fark.com... he's an uplifting story for you:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a lot of bad winter stories. I too have had my car doors freeze shut, both of them at the same time. Luckily, my car has a hatch back. I had to crawl through the back to get in...not fun. Sorry I don't have time for more, the internet police are watching.

-QB

Anonymous said...

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
THIS IS THE INTERNET POLICE!
YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT WASTING COMPANY TIME!
PACK UP YOUR BELONGINGS AND ABANDON YOUR CUBICAL IMMEDIATELY! DO NOT COME BACK IN TOMORROW! DO NOT PASS GO! DO NOT COLLECT $200!

RENE, YOU'RE FREE!!!
oops... I mean FIRED!

Anonymous said...

Rob~

Here's a simple solution that I have learned the the problem of doors being frozen shut. Go back inside the house (or wherever), get a pan (or large cup if no pan is available) of HOT water, dump it on the door. Problem solved!

I LOVE winter...so long as it only snows Christmas Eve, then melts on the 26th! Tis the season for the least amount of allergens! I need to be the bubble girl....I am allergic to EVERYTHING, and I don't sneeze...no no, that would be too easy...I break out in hives! So, winter rocks!

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Winter's dumb, enough said.

~Ro