Tuesday, January 04, 2005

A well deserved vacation.

Why did I deserve a vacation? 'cause I'm awesome. Sorry for the FIVE WHOLE DAYS with no new material, that's an unprecedented occurrence on "Rob's Office Space." So to summarize as much as I can without dragging here's what happened.


Wednesday Night
Taekwondo... 8ish.
I did a jumping back spin kick thingy... was sock footed, and didn't stick the landing so much. Wipeout. Came down on knee. Possibly dislocated it for a fraction of a second, but did no "damage" to the knee. It is black, and I am on crutches and have a leg immobilizer. If I get only TWO requests for a picture, I will post one. It's awesome.

Thursday
Morning
Woke up and leg was turning colors and at LEAST twice the size it was supposed to be... so I revisited my friends at the E.R. Phil took me, because he didn't want me to drive. Phil waited in the ER room with me, 'cause he was being my "life partner." They put me on Vicidin so its probably for the best that I didn't drive. Also gave me the perfect excuse to not go to work. Ro got into Jerseyville at about 3:00 pm... so that was awesome. My girlfriend is awesome. Phil and Kim (his girliefriend) came over and we all used my rice cooker for the first time. We followed up by playing "Pass the Trash" and "Ship, Captain, Crew."
Friday
Paid Holiday
Everything was ruined. Couldn't take Ro to the City Museum 'cause I was a cripple. So Phil, Kim, Ro and I decided to chill at home for New Years Eve and would go to the Zoo and Art Museum and Science Center New Years Day. Fun would be had by all.
Saturday
New Years Day
Went to Art Muesum. Art Museum was closed. Went to Zoo. Zoo closed. Went to St Louis Bread Company to collect ourselves and then went to Borders to read some books on "What to do in St Louis" and drink some coffee. Ro wanted to go to the Botanical Gardens, she called them, they were open everyday but Christmas. Went there - they were closed. Ro wanted to do the whole Arch Thing too... Too Cloudy. And Closed. We gave up and went to my best friend Lisa's house. She's a New Years Baby. Watched Napoleon Dynamite - Awesome. Played Lord of the Rings Risk... Great.
Sunday
Do nothing and chill day with Ro.
French/Ryder Family Luncheon. ER visits were the main topic of conversation. I took out the 100-year old hostess when I backed my chair up suddenly... And then we retired to the french household for dessert. Fun, was again, had by all.
Monday
Paid Vacation Day
Ro and I made chocolate waffles with cherry pie filling as a topping - awesome. Went to Science Center and I rolled around in a wheel chair the whole time. Ramps are a lot of fun (I need try and "go off some sweet jumps," but I didn't.) Came home for food.
Tuesday
Back at Work
Gonna get out of here by the end of January.... WILL get a new job... Must not stab anyone with letter opener.. hate this.
Anyways, that's it. I know it's long - but it's FIVE DAYS!!! I need some blog new years resolutions. something new to keep things interesting. Maybe more interviews. Is that what you want from me? how about some of my old artwork from college? would you like that? *sigh*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob~

I'm sorry that you were cripple all your vacation, but glad you had fun! I did nothing....didn't even make it to midnight on New Year's Eve....I had the stomach flu and was in bed by 10. I haven't made it to midnight in over three years...since I became a mommy! Someday you will all know what I am talking about!

I liked the interviews that was fun. NO pictures of your injuries....of that I am sure most people will agree with. Pictures of people and fun stuff good, pictures of injuries BAD!

Good luck in finding a new job by January...I just got myself a promotion, so I'll be staying here for awhile!

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Hey you
I vote to post a picture of your knee. You were in a wheelchair for a while, the knee deserves to be posted. I think posting old artwork/ photos from school would be awesome, I vote yes for that. And as far as New Years resolutions... I resolve not to be illiterate anymore.

~Ro

P.S. Good luck finding that new job I hope you don't stab someone with a letter opener any time soon (you don't want to turn into JTT when he guest starred on Smallville. He ended up in a mental institution). And if it makes you feel any better, I caught you a delicious bass.

Scott said...

I resolve to play tether ball with Hayley Duff. My other resolution you have to go to my blog to see http://gmoneydopefly.blogspot.com . Yeah, I'm a traffic stealing bastard, what can I say. Anyway, I third the request for the picture. And motion to subponea pictures of all future gory Taekwondo injuries. Enough foreplay JUST SHOW US THE DAMN WOUND.

Sorry, add "resolving random outbursts of anger problem" to the resolutions list. I'm just kinda TO'ed that my girlfriend hasn't sent me a full body shot yet. Nice work on accosting 100 year old hostess with the chair, sounds like one of my moves.

I have actually patented one that I used on many occasions called the "Trip Kick" it's pretty sweet. All part of Scot-jitsu. Very effective fighting style, it combines incredibly clever verbal assults with swift physical ass beatings. They might heal their broken bones but the psycological damage is done, and that lasts for life.

Prepare yourself

- Focker Out

Anonymous said...

For all of you who actually want to see this thing, it's disgusting. Rob has accosted me twice today to show me the development of his bruising. Last update: "Look, I now have yellow bruises streaming down my leg!" Thanks, Rob.

The good news is that he's got pretty good legs, or I would have had to shove him out of my half-cubicle.

New Year's Eve I went grocery shopping. That's right, kids...grocery shopping. When you're a friendless old lady, that's the kind of thing you do. I think the Original George Bush was prez last time I saw the ball drop in NYC. Oh, in case you were wondering, I capped off the evening by shaving my legs and going to bed at 10:30. Whooopeee!

Life here at work has crawled to a snail's pace. I give Rob three days before he stabs someone with the letter opener. I have a list of people I would like for him to aim at, including myself. (I'm hoping he'll do me the favor.) But, at least the building isn't funky like the trailer, yet.

And last but not least, my grandmother has not yet recovered from the mysterious "chair-incident" that happened to her while she was hostessing last Sunday.

~Stepped in Somethin'

Anonymous said...

I must say, while it's nice to have Tiny Tim back in the office again, I'm already tired of being beaten up with the friggin' crutches...really, Rob...a girl can only take so much. Also, we're a little concerned about what his NEXT injury will be...he's demolished an ankle/foot, now a knee. Hmmm...break a hip maybe?

As far as New Year's Resolutions go, I think they rule. I've already accomplished 2 of mine, and we're what, 4 days in? Sweet. New (to us) car is in the driveway, and my cell phone (my 1st :-) is on the way...woohoo!! Next, to quit smoking--hahaha...like that'll ever happen.

By they way, Napolean Dynamite might be the coolest guy ever. Does anyone (work reference here, sorry) remember Renee Lewis? I've been trying to remember who Napolean reminded me of--it's her, minus the good hair.

Welcome back, Kotter. Mend soon.

Jen-