Thursday, May 12, 2005

School Starts Early

Ok, I've got some big news coming soon. But I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to tell you. 'Cause I'm a jerk. But what I will tell you is that I get to take Classes at work. Tomorrow I get to learn about "Money Laundering." I kid you not. I'm really excited about that. Today I learned all about the government regulations dealing with financial institutions. From protection against discrimination, to responding on a timely manner, to confidentiality rights of our customers with regard to the government. All of these are true, I can give you the actual names and regulations for each. MY favorite part was the note at the end, when it said that the Patriot Act completely destroys the confidentiality part. I laughed out loud.

Also I told my boss today that I was taking her job. I almost panicked for a moment when I could see that she was a bit taken-a-back by the statement. But she caved and laughed after a second (which seemed far longer to me). It was at the end of the day, and she said "Alright you have a good weekend, I'll see you on Monday." "Monday?" "Yes, I'm on vacation these next two days." "Oh, well I hope you still have your job when you get back, I know a particular kid who moving fast in this company."

Finally, since we're on the topic of quotes:
Rowela. 8:40 pm 5/11/05
"Its not my fault your banana is unnaturally gigantic!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good going Rob, intimidating the boss the first week! I am sure she will be worrying about her job all weekend. Take it easy on her, you are a temp for 30 days, you might want to lay low for aleast your probationary period!
Mom French

kimberlyb1974 said...

Robby, apparently your mom isn't susceptible to your charms. She hasn't had the first hand experience of watching these silly women fall at your hairy feet and beg for your attention. Your boss is probably thinking up ways right now to just hand you her job, the keys to her car, and her house.

I wish you would have said the same thing to the powers that be here though...can you imagine the look on her face?

Have fun in your next class, "How to Make Counterfeit 20's in the Comfort of your Own Home!!"

~Capone

Scott said...

Kimm kimmy, tisk tisk. I thought you knew your illicit acts better than that. Money laundering is "to conceal the source of money by channeling it through an intermediary". Props to Office Space for that one.

Conterfitting is completely different. It's actually a source of profits. The money he gets from counterfitting he'll have to launder to keep his cover.

Anyway I will say that Ro's quote was hilarious. She said it so innocently too. Fantastic.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

Don't scare your boss into calling security because you're freaking her out! Maybe wait a few days until she can see your quirky side before threatening her job!

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Confidentiality rights and no discrimination policy yeah right! that is big laugh. Scanman wanted me to tell you that he will (sale) you his Masters degree in Public Admin. for a $20.00 bill......... Look where that degree got him.

Freemama

kimberlyb1974 said...

Oh, BELIEVE ME, when it comes to money laundering, I know all about the inner workings. I taught a workshop on it at Peoria Junior College.

I was assuming that Rob's NEXT class would be on counterfeiting.

Office Space is the best...I think I could get away with a plan similar to that one here at AWR. Hmmmm....

~Milton

Scott said...

My bad. Really, I just didn't have anything else to post. I wasn't out to sound like Tabitha. You know, randomly criticizing people... then being wrong.

I.e. "Scott, you said a timeline of one month, and Rob said 4 weeks. SAME THING!"

I wanted to say something back to her (in jest of course) but I decided I would wait until I was called on some rediculous thing I did to bring it up. Here is the response I would have posted:

"Well done Tab, now that you've mastered pointing out synonyms you can move on to harder things. Here goes: what's one times one?"

But I thought it would be too sarcastic. So I didn't do it.

- Scott